Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy Eat World- Stay On My Side Tonight EP 

I remember thinking this darker, moodier side of Jimmy was where their sound was heading on the next album. 

Well that couldn't have even further from the truth! This EP is a major fan favourite. Just exquisite songwriting, I wish it lasted an entire album, never mind an EP.

• Like 1

Jimmy Eat World- Damage 

I'm getting a bit hooked on this today...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Pretty good record. It's a shame I missed this show back in 2018. Would have been cool to see Billy Sheehan in his home town.

Psychotic Symphony - Wikipedia

I have to listen to this album. I keep meaning too and have since it came out

• Like 1

Jason Davis - Guitar Flambe!

Attack Attack - Dark Waves EP

Hilary Duff - Metamorphosis

Moon Tooth - Phototroph

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

According to my Spotify records the tracks on this album were my most listened to this month.

I've never gotten into this band. Nothing against them, never really tried though I have greatly enjoyed singles I have heard.

This album is fantastic!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I've never gotten into this band. Nothing against them, never really tried though I have greatly enjoyed singles I have heard.

This album is fantastic!

Have you heard Affinity? Great 80s vibe on that album. I'm a little surprised they're not a bit more well known given how consistently good they've been over the years. They can definitely be quirky at times but they live up to the word "progressive" in every way.

Edited by J2112YYZ

5 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Have you heard Affinity? Great 80s vibe on that album. I'm a little surprised they're not a bit more well known given how consistently good they've been over the years. They can definitely be quarky at times but they live up to the word "progressive" in every way.

Quirky is up my street! Yeah I played the latest and The Mountain today, blown away!

Definitely kicking myself for not getting into them sooner

• Like 1

This album popped up and I decided to give it a listen, again.

High school playlist.   You can tell by the bedazzled album cover. :biggrin:

The draft for the Vietnam war was real when I was growing up.   I was eligible for the draft in 1973, the year the Govt terminated the draft.  

Edited by custom55

Helloween - Better than Raw

Helloween - The Dark Ride

Both are decent, ok.  No stinkers but nothing that really make me go wow either.  Pity.  Interesting guitar work, interesting drums.  Great vocals.  But it just does not make my jaw drop or get me singing along.  Solid.  Glad I am trying them out though.

Trick76.jpg

Arguably my second-favorite album of all time, of any artist. On some days I vacillate, and I wonder if maybe this should take the #1 spot away from Selling England by the Pound.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Chronos said:

Trick76.jpg

Arguably my second-favorite album of all time, of any artist. On some days I vacillate, and I wonder if maybe this should take the #1 spot away from Selling England by the Pound.

For me, Robbery Assault and Battery is the weak link ( although the album version is a lot better than the Seconds Out version)...but man it's a good album.

• Like 1