Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

Halloween - Keeper of The 7 Keys (parts 1 and 2)

I got these on tape when they came out, really enjoyed them and over the years played the tapes to death.  Strangely I never replaced the tapes though.  So this was another youtube listen.  Part 1 is just awesome.  Every song kicks butt.  A stone cold classic.  Part 2 is very good but not at the same level as part 1.  But still very enjoyable. 

• Like 2

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got these on tape when they came out, really enjoyed them and over the years played the tapes to death.  Strangely I never replaced the tapes though.  So this was another youtube listen.  Part 1 is just awesome.  Every song kicks butt.  A stone cold classic.  Part 2 is very good but not at the same level as part 1.  But still very enjoyable. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

I blame The Cat 3 for this:

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Pink Floyd - Animals

Pink Floyd - The Wall

Pink Floyd - The Final Cut

Roger Waters - The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking

Roger Waters - Radio K.A.O.S.

A solid day of music right there!

I may be alone in this, but I think Radio K.A.O.S is great.

Then again, I love The Final Cut.

• Like 2

On 3/20/2023 at 3:36 PM, Mithrandir said:

What a fantastic Album..  Pure pop rock perfection.

:goodone:

Agreed!

Those first two albums are just magic.

See if you can hunt down “Live at the Whiskey 1977”.

The band was hungry and on fire.

• Like 3

On 3/20/2023 at 7:57 PM, TheAccountant said:

sorry bout that  -don't know what happened to my computer.  No idea why my post went multiple times. 

Pretty sure you set the forum record!

• Haha 3

e39a24888e392f48f9afaeaa34b9b3cc5375502c

Many music critics suggest that this album is one of the most complete rock albums of all time. And who am I to disagree!

This was at a time UFO were at their peak even though they were little more than a support band for the likes of Kiss back in the late 70s/early 80s.

Everyone raves about Michael Schenker's lead guitar output on most of their albums, and to an extent this is very true, especially when you listen to Lights Out and Rock Bottom.

But that said, lead singer, Phil Mogg, has a great voice, backed up by Paul Raymond on keyboards, Peter Way on Bass and Andy Parker on drums.

A huge shame that the band went back into the shadows after Schenker left shortly after this album was released.

• Like 3

It Bites - The Big Lad in the Windmill ‘86

It Bites - Once Around the World ‘88 

It Bites - Eat Me in St.Louis ‘89 

Three brillant albums Gabriel era Genesis inspired songwriting meets 

80s pop/rock keyboards & production meets Holdsworth/EVH 🎸 work

Lots of lovely diff time signatures and silly lyrics that somehow work ! 👍😎

Edited by Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios
Typo
  • Like 2

Brainstorm- Hungry 

Wow! This is phenomenal! The 1997 debut of German power metal band Braindtorm, Hungry is HEAVY! This is power metal with a high dose of Painkiller influence, and closer to thrash metal than most of their peers. I tried this on a whim after a friend mentioned he thinks this band is hugely underrated. I'd never heard of them before, and now that I have I want MORE already!

Another valid comparison is Iced Earth, but Brainstorm are heavier and (dare I say it) more exciting to listen too. Definitely following this band, this is terrific! 

Looking into the band, they have a very well respected discography and are still going strong. It appears their more recent albums are the most popular, which is rare in this genre. If I'm this enthusiastic about the debut, I'm excited to see how the rest pans out for me!

Fans of Judas Priest, Iced Earth, thrash metal in general, this debut alone is really good stuff!

Edited by Segue Myles

12 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

e39a24888e392f48f9afaeaa34b9b3cc5375502c

Many music critics suggest that this album is one of the most complete rock albums of all time. And who am I to disagree!

This was at a time UFO were at their peak even though they were little more than a support band for the likes of Kiss back in the late 70s/early 80s.

Everyone raves about Michael Schenker's lead guitar output on most of their albums, and to an extent this is very true, especially when you listen to Lights Out and Rock Bottom.

But that said, lead singer, Phil Mogg, has a great voice, backed up by Paul Raymond on keyboards, Peter Way on Bass and Andy Parker on drums.

A huge shame that the band went back into the shadows after Schenker left shortly after this album was released.

UFO are one of the best revent discoveries I've had. Phenomenal discography, they merge so many styles superbly. I can definitely see them becoming a favourite band the more I listen. Their live albums are superb, especially this one!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Cat 3 said:

A solid day of music right there!

I may be alone in this, but I think Radio K.A.O.S is great.

Then again, I love The Final Cut.

Final Cut's my Fav Foyd album.  Yea you can call it a waters solo album basically.  Whatever.......it's my fav lol

Mick

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Final Cut's my Fav Foyd album.  Yea you can call it a waters solo album basically.  Whatever.......it's my fav lol

Mick

How do you find Waters solo? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

How do you find Waters solo? 

i love it but not for everybody.  if you  don't like anti-war and political raving stay away.

funny enough he's the only guy i don't mind doing it.

Mick

Brainstorm- Unholy 

Terrific album. Again, has a more thrash feel but the vocals are improved and so has the production since the debut. Excellent album, shocked I've never heard the name before! This is METAL and it's great!

Led Zeppelin-Physical Graffiti 

I try so hard with this abum.  Made it through disc one.  I can go no further.  Usually with classic albums even if i don't like it.  I can see the appeal.  I fail to see any upside with this "classic".

Sorry.....just painfully dull.

Mick

• Like 3