Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

it is my fav clapton performance.  To the point where......and this is a hot take......i don't think Gilmour would have worked on this record.  It's That awesome to me.

Mick

I actually agree...Clapton's balance between "choppy" and "smooth" solos are just the right touch.

Much like George Harrison's playing, sometimes it is that restraint that really makes a song.

Of course, the magic Bob Ezrin created with The Wall could have been duplicated here.

I just don't think the subject matter would have the same mass appeal.

• Like 2

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Genesis - Calling All Stations (yeah, yeah, I know.....people would consider it at least good if it was recorded by someone else)

Deep Purple - Machine Head

Rush - Caress Of Steel 

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, New_World_Man said:

Genesis - Calling All Stations (yeah, yeah, I know.....people would consider it at least good if it was recorded by someone else)

Deep Purple - Machine Head

Rush - Caress Of Steel 

You've not been around for a while have you?

On 3/16/2023 at 7:39 PM, The Cat 3 said:

Roger_Waters_Pros_Cons_HH.jpg

I gave this a spin yesterday because I saw your post.  In fairness, I'm not the biggest PF fan.  I only listen to DSotM forward, and my favorite album of theirs is The Wall, which proves I'm not a "real fan."

Not bad.  I'm not sure I see the concept behind it, even after reading the Wikipedia explanation.  Maybe if they had made a movie, like they did for The Wall, it would be clearer.  My opinion, and that's obviously all it is, is that Waters is not as smart as he perceives himself to be, so I think he got a little too into the idea that albums have to have a concept.

11 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

I gave this a spin yesterday because I saw your post.  In fairness, I'm not the biggest PF fan.  I only listen to DSotM forward, and my favorite album of theirs is The Wall, which proves I'm not a "real fan."

Not bad.  I'm not sure I see the concept behind it, even after reading the Wikipedia explanation.  Maybe if they had made a movie, like they did for The Wall, it would be clearer.  My opinion, and that's obviously all it is, is that Waters is not as smart as he perceives himself to be, so I think he got a little too into the idea that albums have to have a concept.

I mean, Dark Side through The Wall is PF’s best work, and I find that mostly unarguable, so I’d say you’re a real fan for sure.

not that I dislike the other stuff either, but that’s where the best music is. That and Echoes off of Meddle.

• Like 1

All Time Low - Tell Me I'm Alive
Gideon - MORE POWER. MORE PAIN.
Invent Animate - Heavener
Now More Than Ever - Creatrix
Dropkick Murphys - Blackout

3 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I mean, Dark Side through The Wall is PF’s best work, and I find that mostly unarguable, so I’d say you’re a real fan for sure.

not that I dislike the other stuff either, but that’s where the best music is. That and Echoes off of Meddle.

A "real fan," wouldn't pick The Wall as their favorite Pink Floyd album.  You have to go with something before DSotM or Animals.

3 hours ago, treeduck said:

Well I notice you've not posted much for a while.

It's nice to know people are keeping tabs on me here. ;) Actually I posted in late February on the main page. I basically come and go. I'm not really a "regular" member on here. 

52 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

A "real fan," wouldn't pick The Wall as their favorite Pink Floyd album.  You have to go with something before DSotM or Animals.

Rubbish. Anyone who claims you can’t be a real fan if your favorite is popular is just trying to put you down. You’re a real fan.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Rubbish. Anyone who claims you can’t be a real fan if your favorite is popular is just trying to put you down. You’re a real fan.

Spot on, EP! That's just gatekeeping.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

That'd we be like if we said you can't be a real Rush fan if your favorite album is Moving Pictures.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

That'd we be like if we said you can't be a real Rush fan if your favorite album is Moving Pictures.

That would be me 🤣

• Haha 2

Ironhorse_1979.jpg

Ironhorse, from 1979. A quality slab of lesser-known classic rock. Randy Bachman's short-lived band after he left Bachman-Turner Overdrive.

Give it a try. I play it maybe twice a year.

• Like 1