Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

Foreigner- Inside Information 

I remember a moment about eight years ago when I was intensely obsessed with this band. Its still hard to fault a band who offer so much good time rock music, especially with this much heart. Not a fan favourite, this album is mine though.

• Like 3

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Foreigner-4 (10/10)

I used to be all like (oh as far as AOR albums go this is overrated!"

WRONG WRONG.........STUPID ASSHOLE MICK:laugh:

I love this more and more every play.

Mick

I've always thought the lyric "In a town without a name" is kind of hilariously stupid... and also...I like to link it to another stupid line from an AOR classic - "He took the midnight train going anywhere".  I imagine the guy going up to the ticket window. "One ticket, please".  "Destination?".  "Uh...doesn't matter...anywhere."  *Ticket clerk books a one way to the town without a name....

😂

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Timbale said:

I've always thought the lyric "In a town without a name" is kind of hilariously stupid... and also...I like to link it to another stupid line from an AOR classic - "He took the midnight train going anywhere".  I imagine the guy going up to the ticket window. "One ticket, please".  "Destination?".  "Uh...doesn't matter...anywhere."  *Ticket clerk books a one way to the town without a name....

😂

AOR was never known for being poetic:laugh:

Mick

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2023 at 5:04 PM, Rick N. Backer said:

As an aside, I've said this before, but Page is the single most overrated musician in history in my opinion.  I love Zeppelin's songs, but live Page's playing was absolutely horrendous.   And there are many musicians who performed when they were f*cked up (Van Halen, coincidentally), so that's really no excuse. He wrote great songs in Zeppelin, but by that metric John Lennon and Bob Dylan are among the greatest guitarists of all time, and I doubt anyone believes that.  And you do have to wonder why after Zeppelin disbanded, Page did next to nothing for the next 40 years and counting.  A couple decent albums with Paul Rodgers?  A good album with Coverdale?

Not good enough.

Well there it is, the stupidest thing i'll read today. Meme quote | Funny  quotes, Sarcastic quotes, Stupid texts

On 3/9/2023 at 5:04 PM, Rick N. Backer said:

As an aside, I've said this before, but Page is the single most overrated musician in history in my opinion.  I love Zeppelin's songs, but live Page's playing was absolutely horrendous.   And there are many musicians who performed when they were f*cked up (Van Halen, coincidentally), so that's really no excuse. He wrote great songs in Zeppelin, but by that metric John Lennon and Bob Dylan are among the greatest guitarists of all time, and I doubt anyone believes that.  And you do have to wonder why after Zeppelin disbanded, Page did next to nothing for the next 40 years and counting.  A couple decent albums with Paul Rodgers?  A good album with Coverdale?

Not good enough.

It's one thing to not like page's guitar playing, but to say he was among the greatest of all time is just stupid.  Yes stupid.  

I agree with the following comments about Page:

Their first four albums were all completely stylistically different from one another, and Jimmy was at the heart of every song with a new, completely original take on what guitar should do and sound like. The creativity, skill, imagination, and capability to do all that puts him at the top.  The modern day guitar wizards (technicians) bore me to tears. Yes, they can rip across the fretboard at hyperspeed and play all the scales and modes without mistakes, but it all leaves me cold. It's like listening to a fantastic typist. Jimmy Page penned so many incredible songs AND produced the recordings. In his live solos, he had the guts to just go for it. He was playing spontaneously as opposed to the current ilk who play lines they've practiced a thousand times.

Give this a listen:  and learn

Edited by Mithrandir

On 3/11/2023 at 12:02 PM, Segue Myles said:

Green Day- 21st Century Breakdown 

I think this album took everything about American Idiot that was great, and pushed it further. Both are perfect records to me, so which one you prefer is down to you, because I can't see how you could love one but not the other.

Agree 100%  I LOVE this album.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Mithrandir said:

It's one thing to not like page's guitar playing, but to say he was among the greatest of all time is just stupid.  Yes stupid.  

I agree with the following comments about Page:

Their first four albums were all completely stylistically different from one another, and Jimmy was at the heart of every song with a new, completely original take on what guitar should do and sound like. The creativity, skill, imagination, and capability to do all that puts him at the top.  The modern day guitar wizards (technicians) bore me to tears. Yes, they can rip across the fretboard at hyperspeed and play all the scales and modes without mistakes, but it all leaves me cold. It's like listening to a fantastic typist. Jimmy Page penned so many incredible songs AND produced the recordings. In his live solos, he had the guts to just go for it. He was playing spontaneously as opposed to the current ilk who play lines they've practiced a thousand times.

Give this a listen:  and learn

Well there it is, the stupidest thing i'll read today. Meme quote | Funny  quotes, Sarcastic quotes, Stupid texts

4 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Foreigner-4 (10/10)

I used to be all like (oh as far as AOR albums go this is overrated!"

WRONG WRONG.........STUPID ASSHOLE MICK:laugh:

I love this more and more every play.

Mick

While Foreigner was a rock radio staple before this one, and most people liked, them, I don't know that they were too many people's favorite band.  This is the album of theirs everyone around my age bought when it came out.  It's phenomenal.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rick N. Backer said:

While Foreigner was a rock radio staple before this one, and most people liked, them, I don't know that they were too many people's favorite band.  This is the album of theirs everyone around my age bought when it came out.  It's phenomenal.

it's rapidly becoming my fav.  it's also becoming the only foreigner i reach for lately which is wild considering i used to realy not like it.

funny how music evolves n how you hear albums and songs.

Mick

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

it's rapidly becoming my fav.  it's also becoming the only foreigner i reach for lately which is wild considering i used to realy not like it.

funny how music evolves n how you hear albums and songs.

Mick

It is.  As a kid, I never "got," Springsteen.  It wasn't until 2003 that I started to appreciate his music.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, treeduck said:

I'm sure that's the most heavy metal album you've heard this week!

Definitely the best!

• Like 2

Led Zeppelin- III 

My personal favourite, though Physical Graffiti has grown on me a lot.

• Like 6

Led Zeppelin- Houses Of The Holy

I feel this album gets overlooked when discussing Zep's best work. 

• Like 8