Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

Blind Guardian - Tales from the Twilight World

Lord of the Rings & Time for Dying would be may favorite songs from this album.  Some of the others songs I did not go wild for, but these 2 I really enjoyed.

I found this one a grower. I love it now, start to finish! 

The Rolling Stones - Grrr Live!.png

I can't work out what's going on here. The three bonus tracks on the Cd from the first night (this set is from the second night) are Tumbling Dice (without Bruce Springsteen - I can see why that's included),  Doom and Gloom and The Last Time. These two latter tracks don't bring much as an alternate to the main set tracks. Why not put some of the five bonus tracks on the DVD on the CD? We don't need The Last Time. I can see why Gimme Shelter and Tumbling Dice are included (no guests) but why aren't  Around And Around (first time live since the late 70s, I think) and Respectable (with John Mayer) included as audio only? Very frustrating!

• Like 2

Blind Guardian - Follow the Blind

Not really impressed with this one.  Not at all.  Valhalla is the best song (IMO) but even does not thrill me much.  

Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond

Not as good as Nightfall in Middle-earth but it is still one tremendous album.  Just wow.  Very, very good.  So impressed with this album.

Blind Guardian - Imaginations From The Other Side 

Its ok.  Decent but I am not wild about it.  The title track and the very last song on the album are the best songs

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Blind Guardian - Follow the Blind

Not really impressed with this one.  Not at all.  Valhalla is the best song (IMO) but even does not thrill me much.  

Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond

Not as good as Nightfall in Middle-earth but it is still one tremendous album.  Just wow.  Very, very good.  So impressed with this album.

Blind Guardian - Imaginations From The Other Side 

Its ok.  Decent but I am not wild about it.  The title track and the very last song on the album are the best songs

I love the first two albums, but these two are more speed metal than anything truly reflecting where they would evolve later. Tales From The Twilight World is where they really start to shed their speed metal skin, and I'd assume Somewhere Far Beyond is where it all comes together for you. 

6 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Blind Guardian - A Night At The Opera

Very impressive. Not Nightfall in Middle Earth or Somewhere Far Beyond but very good.  Gets better and better as it goes along with the final 14 minute song being the best song on the album - at least to my ears.

This album might be my favourite by them. It's so over the top bombastic, I actually didn't like it much at first. I thought it was a dud, but it grew on me so much! 

I love their last three albums (four, including their symphonic release), but the album after this, A Twist In The Myth, is my least favourite work they have ever done. I despise the production, but the songs themselves are not too exciting either. It's a one off though, I love everything else.

• Like 1

Third Eye Blind- Third Eye Blind 

Remains my favourite album of the nineties. 

• Like 2

Sonata Arctica- Winterheart's Guild 

I don't do ratings anymore, but here, have a 10/10.

Blind Guardian- The God Machine 

I do really enjoy this album, but it's been heralded as a return to form. Funny, I don't remember their sound ever being quite so one dimensional across the span of an entire album...still, it reviewed with critics, pleased fans, and is still doing well. So nothing to be upset about. 

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Third Eye Blind- Third Eye Blind 

Remains my favourite album of the nineties. 

You once called it your favorite album of all time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

You once called it your favorite album of all time.

I don't think so lol, it's always been Karmacode by Lacuna Coil, but it's very close! Machine Head- The Blackening, Paradise Lost- Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us, Trivium- Ascendancy and Born To Run are all very close as well!

• Like 1

Blind Guardian- A Twist In The Myth 

Considering they remastered every single album prior to this one, it's ironic that the one album that did need it would be this one.

The songs are all fine. I really like them all (it's just standard BG fare overall though), but the production is noisy and dense. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Foreigner-4 (10/10)

I used to be all like (oh as far as AOR albums go this is overrated!"

WRONG WRONG.........STUPID ASSHOLE MICK:laugh:

I love this more and more every play.

Mick

I find myself replaying the debut, Agent Provocateur and Say You Will more

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I find myself replaying the debut, Agent Provocateur and Say You Will more

Say you will

..............Can't slow down i think it's called, lol.

Mick

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

Say you will

..............Can't slow down i think it's called, lol.

Mick

Lmao i meant Inside Information 🤣 

Can't Slow Down had no business being as good as it was, though. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Segue Myles said:

Lmao i meant Inside Information 🤣 

Can't Slow Down had no business being as good as it was, though. 

i agree about CSD.  i can't say it's better than the gramm era.......cause that would be a lie.....but i do REALLY like it.

Mick

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

i agree about CSD.  i can't say it's better than the gramm era.......cause that would be a lie.....but i do REALLY like it.

Mick

For a while it was my favourite album, but it's not anymore. I quite like my AOR melancholy, so Inside Information is probably my favourite. I'd rank the debut second and Double Vision third. CSD is honestly great enough to talk alongside the Gramm albums. In fact I'd rate it above a few.

My favourite Foreigner song has always been Say You Will.

• Like 1