Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell (10/10)

I know Ozzy always looms large over this band and since getting fully into Sabbath i respect him a zillion times morre.  buuuut..... come on if they HAD to pick a replacement............:wub:....come on it's Dio:firedevil:

Fantastic Album!!!!!!

Mick

• Like 11

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Since you're on a power metal binge right now, have you ever listened to Sabaton? They're pretty much the kings of the genre currently.

I think I have some CD's from them in my moving box's so eventually I will get to them.  If not, I will give them a try on youtube.  I remember when I listened to the CD's I was not crazy about them but its been more than a few years.  Was blown away by them when I saw them live though and bought the CD's at the show.  Awesome show - saw them opening for Nightwish on the opening night of the Endless Forms Most Beautiful tour in NYC.   Nightwish was amazing but in some ways Sabaton stole the show.  I remember I walked out of the show and said to myself that the show was almost like Judas Priest opening for Rush.  Not a perfect analogy but the best I could come up with.  Plus with Delain opening for both bands.

Yes - will give them a shot.  Thanks for recommending them.

Saturday and Sunday:

SR-71 - Here We Go Again

Bowling For Soup - A Hangover You Don't Deserve 

Bowling For Soup - The Great Burrito Extortion Case

The Wonder Years - The Hum Goes On Forever

4 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell (10/10)

I know Ozzy always looms large over this band and since getting fully into Sabbath i respect him a zillion times morre.  buuuut..... come on if they HAD to pick a replacement............:wub:....come on it's Dio:firedevil:

Fantastic Album!!!!!!

Mick

I'm a certified Old Guy, who's listened to more albums than he can count. I haven't calculated it, but I bet Heaven and Hell is in my all-time top five, if not top three. A rock masterpiece.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Chronos said:

I'm a certified Old Guy, who's listened to more albums than he can count. I haven't calculated it, but I bet Heaven and Hell is in my all-time top five, if not top three. A rock masterpiece.

• Like 7

Dreamtale - Difference

Dreamtale - Phoenix

Dreamtale - Seventhian... Memories of Time

All 3 were decent.  Nothing special though.  Now that I have tried all their albums I can say that the best (IMO) was the first one I listened to (Everlasting Flame) which also happens to be their most recent.  Even it was not really special.  Would I go back to listen to any of this groups work again?  Not likely.  Maybe Everlasting Flame.  Maybe.  Perhaps.  But I have a lot of other music I want to listen to.  Would I listen to any new album from this group?  Maybe.  Perhaps.  The woman lead vocalist they added for Everlasting Flame was some what distinctive.  Nothing special but distinctive.  Glad I tried them out - it was inexperience.  But not likely to give them much more attention.

On to something better (I hope). 

Morning:

Sublime - 40 Oz To Freedom

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magic

Afternoon:

Yes - Relayer

King Crimson - Starless And Bible Black

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 6

Unleash The Archers - Apex

This is an awesome album.  Love it!!!  Started with the amazing song Awakening and every song after it is very good.  Britany Slays (stage name  - real name Britany Hays) is an awesome vocalist.  The youtube reactor The Charismatic Voice has revived multiple songs from this group and had Britany on for an interview.  Another youtube reactor, Tank The Tech (who was a roadie for 15 years and worked for a number of bands including Journey, Pat Benetar, The Foo Fighters & VH) has interviewed members of this group as well and was clearly impressed by the group.  Interestingly, The Charismatic Voice had Tank The Tech on her show for an interview at one point!!

Anyway, beyond the amazing vocals of Britany, you do get some harsh growled vocals on the album.  Normally I hate those but here they are done well so I don't mind them.  The album itself is a concept album and it ends with the title track which defiantly has an Iron Maiden influence (specifically The Trooper) with lots of galloping guitars.  But its a very strong song.  Heck, the entire album is strong.  Just awesome.  This group should be so much bigger than they are.   

Edited by TheAccountant
  • Like 1

Symphony X- Twilight In Olympus 

This is the album I'm replaying the most ATM. SX are a terrific band, but I don't think the comparisons to Dream Theater are valid. DT are far more diverse and, dare I say it, ambitious (not always a good thing, they often bite off more than they can chew) and accomplished. Plus, I see SX as being closer to European power metal. Stratovarius, Blind Guardian, Rhapsody Of Fire, even Nightwish. Lots of great music though. SX are definitely a terrific band, and it's a shame they aren't more popular. Their older albums are out of print and very expensive to purchase, but I see it as worth it.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, goose said:

220px-Ghost_-_infestissumam_cover.jpg

Still my top Ghost album

:blaze:

Same. It gets quite harsh critiques from fans and critics. 

Rush- Signals 

Rush- Grace Under Pressure 

Rush- Power Windows 

• Like 9

Thunderpussy - Thunderpussy

Thunderpussy - Milk It

Jerry Cantrell -Boggy Depot

Mad Season - Above

Queens of the Stone Age - Queens of the Stone Age

Screaming Trees - Sweet Oblivion

Earthless - Rhythms From a Cosmic Sky

Witchcraft - Legend

High on Fire - Death is This Communion

Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle Earth

• Like 2

REO Speedwagon - Hi InFidelity

Foreigner - 4

Journey - Escape

Styx - Paradise Theater

Electric Light Orchestra - Time

Asia - Asia

• Like 9

Unleash The Archers - Abyss

Just another amazing album from this very underrated group.   Can't say enough good things about Britany's voice.  Amazing vocals, great lyrics, wonderful guitar, bass and drum work.  Wow!!  My favorite song from the album is "The Wind That Shapes The Land" but "Afterlife" is also very good.  Heck, not a bad song on the album.  Its a concept album and it continues the story started in Apex.  

These 2 album were the albums I was most familiar with from this group.  Now I am going to try their other albums.

• Like 1