Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Sabbath-Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (10/10)

I'm listening t this one and my fav thing is I love Tony's Guitar tone here.  there's a delightful  hazy 1970's wah-wah thing going on throughout, lol so dated too but who cares?

i love it

Mick

• Like 6

Lacuna Coil- Dark Adrenaline 

Lacuna Coil- Broken Crown Halo 

Lacuna Coil- Delirium 

Lacuna Coil- Black Anima 

I don't play LC as much as I used too. But my tastes haven't changed, because when I do indulge I find them as magic and as thrilling as I ever have.

Still my favourite male/female vocal duo of all time, and possibly still my favourite band (though I feel Rush has taken their place, and has fos a good few years now).

• Like 1

Tsunami Bomb - Trust No One (Vinyl)

Can't Swim - Thanks but No Thanks

Webbed Wing - Right After I Smoke This… EP

Real Friends - Torn In Two (Vinyl)

Real Friends - There's Nothing Worse Than Too Late

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, treeduck said:

I've heard that they wanted this song to be their We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions. I also get that vibe from Heavy Duty/Defenders Of The Faith.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

I've heard that they wanted this song to be their We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions. I also get that vibe from Heavy Duty/Defenders Of The Faith.

It's a similar song to United, which is also a We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions type of song. Notice how Halford is singing live there but the band are miming to the studio track. That often used to happen on Top of the Pops, 90% of bands mimed the vocals too though.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, treeduck said:

It's a similar song to United, which is also a We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions type of song. Notice how Halford is singing live there but the band are miming to the studio track. That often used to happen on Top of the Pops, 90% of bands mimed the vocals too though.

That miming thing is the whole reason the music video for Bohemian Rhapsody exists! Queen were forced to mime playing Killer Queen on the program and they hated doing it, so next time they got on they determined to send in an accompanying video rather than have to mime their instruments, one that really matched the effect of the song.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, treeduck said:

United definitely fits that too. They're all big-sounding anthems.

That's pretty commonplace on TV. Some shows at least have live vocals. It depends on the show

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

United definitely fits that too. They're all big-sounding anthems.

That's pretty commonplace on TV. Some shows at least have live vocals. It depends on the show

What's not so common place is the sheer power and quality of Halford's delivery there!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, treeduck said:

What's not so common place is the sheer power and quality of Halford's delivery there!

Absolutely. There's a good reason he's widely considered to be one of the best metal singers of all time

• Like 1