Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

8 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I also wonder what they were thinking naming the album Virgin Killer? That idiotic choice falls completely on the band.

The song lyrics are a clumsy attempt to tell you that time essentially robs you of innocence.

Which is still a clumsy title, but make that the album title AND add the artwork, you're left with cringe. Of the "you might get arrested buying this album in public" variety.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

My guess is some cocky or know nothing exec didn’t understand the difference between edgy and pedophilic.

They knew it was outrageous and went ahead with it. I think they thought they were the edginess edge that ever edged

• Like 2

Helloween- Walls Of Jericho 

I never realised Keeper pt1 wasn't their debut! Walls Of Jericho came up in conversation on a group I'm on today, and I can see why its beloved by the fan base. What a strong debut! Definitely can hear the influence they had on Blind Guardian (though I think that BG's first two albums were better than this overall).

Helloween are fantastic. I don't think they come close to BG overall but I definitely enjoy them a lot.

• Like 2

Scorpions- Lonesome Crow 

A solid debut. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Helloween- Walls Of Jericho 

I never realised Keeper pt1 wasn't their debut! Walls Of Jericho came up in conversation on a group I'm on today, and I can see why its beloved by the fan base. What a strong debut! Definitely can hear the influence they had on Blind Guardian (though I think that BG's first two albums were better than this overall).

Helloween are fantastic. I don't think they come close to BG overall but I definitely enjoy them a lot.

Professional wrestler Chris Jericho got his wrestling name and the name of his finishing move (the walls of Jericho) from this album.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Professional wrestler Chris Jericho got his wrestling name and the name of his finishing move (the walls of Jericho) from this album.

i know shit all about the album.  But Chris is a ALL time great.  watched his career basically my whole life.

AND a metalhead at heart.

Mick

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

i know shit all about the album.  But Chris is a ALL time great.  watched his career basically my whole life.

AND a metalhead at heart.

Mick

Honestly, Blind Guardians first two albums do this sound so much better. But maybe worth a try?

Triumph- Allied Forces 

Helloween- Pink Bubbles Go Ape

I think it's truly amazing Helloween made a global impact. I know they came first, but my GOD they have a tonne of terrible albums.

Pink Bubbles is bad but its also amongst their least awful.

And yet I'm enjoying them, go figure

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Triumph- Allied Forces 

Helloween- Pink Bubbles Go Ape

I think it's truly amazing Helloween made a global impact. I know they came first, but my GOD they have a tonne of terrible albums.

Pink Bubbles is bad but its also amongst their least awful.

And yet I'm enjoying them, go figure

I've heard mostly bad things about their stuff after the first three albums. I never bothered with anything else besides those three.

Dio-Sacred Heart (8/10)

I remember when i was getting into Dio Everything thing i read said Sacred heart was a letdown.  and I guess in the context of those first 2 it is......but  still really enjoy it

Particulary the title song, Rock And Roll Children, Just Another day and Fallen Angel.

Hungry for Heaven as a single would have rubbed the strict metal bros the wrong way and Shoot Shoot have possibly the stupidest hook i've ever heard but i really like everything else.

Mick

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I've heard mostly bad things about their stuff after the first three albums. I never bothered with anything else besides those three.

The latest album is great, hence me taking a look back.

I'm not sure why Helloween are iconic amongst metal bands, because their friends and fellow German natives Blind Guardian do everything so much better, bigger and grander.

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Triumph-Just A Game (10/10)

Mick

My personal favorite Triumph album.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

My personal favorite Triumph album.

it's a close 2nd for me, Thunder Seven takes the cake though

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

The latest album is great, hence me taking a look back.

I'm not sure why Helloween are iconic amongst metal bands, because their friends and fellow German natives Blind Guardian do everything so much better, bigger and grander.

Iconic is not a word I would use to describe them. Iconic is bands like Maiden, Metallica, Priest. Overall they're mid tier in the grand scheme of metal. Their first three albums help build the groundwork for the power metal genre and that's pretty much it. They're not that big of a band and they have been pretty much living off those three albums for close to four decades now.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Iconic is not a word I would use to describe them. Iconic is bands like Maiden, Metallica, Priest. Overall they're mid tier in the grand scheme of metal. Their first three albums help build the groundwork for the power metal genre and that's pretty much it. They're not that big of a band and they have been pretty much living off those three albums for close to four decades now.

I think you're right. I just remember them being really revered in my formative years as a metal fan. Maybe I'm remembering them as being a lot more popular than they actually are

• Like 1

Real Friends - More Acoustic Songs EP

Real Friends  - The Home Inside My Head

Real Friends - Composure

Real Friends - Even More Acoustic Songs EP