Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

We’re you at United Center last night too??

No - I live 15 000km away!  I like the song and notice it finally got performed live on the tour. I like when artists try new tunes, not just the same songs all the time

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Gloryhammer - Tales from the Kingdom of Fife

More cheese that I like.  Good vocals.

I recommend the album Dragonland, and the album Under The Grey Banner. One of my personal favourite power metal concept albums. Very cinematic 

The Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request (Mono).  At the risk of descending into "real fan,"-ism, I love this album.  You have to listen to it as whole, and you have to be in the mood for a "dark," Sgt. Pepper.  Is it my favorite Stones album?  Of course not.  But when you're in the proper frame of mind, it's really a great album.

• Like 7

Poco-From The Insibe (10/10)

A Good Feelin' To Know (10/10)

Crazy Eyes (9/10

VERY underrated group.  Country/Rock band from the late 60's/70's.  Did it before Eagles but never had the hits.  but Man is it good stuff.  The title track to Crazy Eyes is pure country/prog.

Mick

• Like 3

Poco-Cantamos(10/10)

Seven Kicked off the 4 man Poco. Richie Furay (Co-founder and of Buffalo Springfield fame)  had left and the Songwriting gfell squarly on Paul Cotten, Tim Schmit (of eagles fame later on) and Rusty Young.

Most fans cal this the classic lineup......some fans like the Furay era more.  i prefer the 4 man Poco myself.  the Song writing got tighter less country focused more pop. hook focused  just more my style. and Cantamos refines this change a ton more

Also poco PROVES Tim is and was always an afterthought in Eagles.  guy's a TREMENDOUS songwriter/talent. I got to shake his hand at an eagles show as they were leaving the stage, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet

The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed

The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers

The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street

There ya go

• Like 1

Poco-Legend(9/10)

Poco loses Tim and go yacht rock and of course has their biggest success. of course i love it but i just find it funny cause of course going smooth gets them noticed....ah that late 70's US smooth pop scene.:laugh:

heart of the Night IS a banger though.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Gloryhammer - Legends from Beyond the Galactic Terrorvortex

Cheese yes but I enjoyed it a good deal.  Very good vocals and the music is enjoyable.  It will be interesting to here what their vocalist does now that he is off on his own.  I liked the one song he has released so far, so hoping for the best.  As for Gloryhammer, it will be interesting to see what they do with their new vocalist.