Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

2 hours ago, Turbine Freight said:

Good call. I just scored tickets to see Hughes in November. He's doing Burn all the way through.

I saw clips of him live in the last couple of years, and I was absolutely stunned at how good his voice still sounds.  He's a high register guy who wasn't exactly a fitness fanatic for most of his life, and he sounded like he has lost nothing.  And not in the way people sometimes say here that Geddy sounded as good on R40 as he did on the Moving Pictures tour (I saw both and he didn't).  It almost literally sounded like Made in Europe.  Report back on the show.  I'm betting he sounds better than David does.

• Like 2

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

I saw clips of him live in the last couple of years, and I was absolutely stunned at how good his voice still sounds.  He's a high register guy who wasn't exactly a fitness fanatic for most of his life, and he sounded like he has lost nothing.  And not in the way people sometimes say here that Geddy sounded as good on R40 as he did on the Moving Pictures tour (I saw both and he didn't).  It almost literally sounded like Made in Europe.  Report back on the show.  I'm betting he sounds better than David does.

The last time I saw him was around 2018 & he killed it. He still sounds outstanding. Very close to his peak years. It's unbelievable really considering his addictions.

• Like 1

Don Henley-Building The Perfect Beast (9/10)

Regardless of how you feel about him personally (he IS a sourpuss but i found Frey was the bigger asshole by i digress)  this IS one of my fav pop albums of the 80's and clearly shows why his career took off post Eagles and Frey..few hits aside......sunk.

Boys of Summer

You Can't Make Love

You're Not Drinking Enough

Not Enough Love in the World

All She Wants to Do is Dance

Sunset Grill

A Month of Sundays

Land of the Living

All those songs Are As good as anything he wrote with Frey in the Eagles and make me think he WAS indeed the engine in the band.  I love this album.

Mick

• Like 6

Rush- Moving Pictures 

Rhapsody- Legendary Tales 

Iron Maiden- Piece Of Mind 

Kansas- Leftoverture 

Machine Head- The Blackening

• Like 7

Boz Scaggs-Silk Degrees(9/10)

Another fav of mine.  And Toto's unnoficial Debut as the entire band minus Lukather (who'd join on the tour anyway and bobby Kimball.....Boz obviously on vocals.  Kinda an alt Demenion where Boz is their first singer, lol)

And this album is so strong.  and Toto's official debut always sounded like boz to me in a lot of ways.  and this album is why.

Killer album.  a desert island disc for me.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Turbine Freight said:

Police-album-reggattadeblanc.jpg

️My Number 1 Fav The Police Album.

Andy will be always be my number 1 

‘ non hard rock/metal  ‘ 🎸 player.

:yes:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

My favorite album from the Cops.  One of my favorite albums ever, to be honest.

I just watched a really good documentary on Regatta de Blanc two nights ago on the YouTube.  Worth checking out

• Like 2