The Cat 3

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, The Cat 3 said:

Queen_Queen.png

1 hour ago, Mithrandir said:

Fantastic debut that gets overlooked when discussing the all time great debut albums.

:goodone: Agreed!

You should check out the De Lane Lea demos from December 1971...they are simply amazing.

They are added to the 2011 re-release as a bonus EP.

Edited by The Cat 3
D'oh!
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Tooth and Nail is really the album you want to spin from these guys.  I'm not the biggest fan, but that album is really good.

Yeah , plus also give Back for the Attack a listen 😎

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

Best Purple line up too :imo:

Basically agreed.  My 3 favorite DP albums are Burn, Come Taste the Band and Stormbringer, in that order.  Bolin appears on an album I like a little more than Stormbringer, but the Coverdale - Hughes albums are the band's peak.  

• Like 2

Mariah Carey- Mariah Carey 

Mariah Carey- Emotions 

Mariah Carey- Music Box 

Mariah Carey- Daydream 

I don't care, she's one of my top five artists/bands ever. Ever. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I love this album!!!!! I feel it has a Rush like magic mixed with power metal.

Its like Rush and Helloween had a baby.  Every time I started getting into a head banging rhythm they changed up something - the cord structure, time signature movements.  Something.  Thats that the prog / Rush influence.  But the overall energy / speed, thats the power metal / Helloween influence.  So glad you mentioned this group and then I looked them up on youtube - very interesting band.  I really like them.

• Like 1

Worked from home today so I pulled out the record player and decided to listen to what ever came out of the moving box.  That was a mistake.  I wound up listening to a lot of stuff that did not thrill me.  It went as follows:

A Chorus Line - recorded by the Broadway cast.

My mom liked listening to this when I was a kid and must have given it to me at some point.  I don't care for it and will likely sell it at some point.  So then I listened to:

A Little Night Music - Broadway cast

This was another one my mom really liked and must have given me.  Some good singing and some cute songs but nothing that thrills me.  Might keep it but won't listen very often.

Rodgers & Hammerstein - South Pacific

Another Broadway cast that mom liked that I somehow got.  Does not thrill me.

Rogers and Hammerstein - Oklahoma

Another I remember mom listen to a lot when I was very young.  I like the title track and song "Oh, What a Beautiful Morning".  The rest of it does not do much for me.

The Essential Louis Armstrong - Recorded live at the Palais des Sports, Paris 1965

Dad is the only family member who likes jazz so it must have been his and then it wound up with me.  Not my cup of tea at all.  Will sell it.

John Denver - Farewell Andronoma

This was defiantly a gift from my sister.  I like his Rocky Mountain High album but not this.  Will likely sell it.

Helen Reddy - I am Woman

Defiantly one of my sisters albums that somehow wound up in my collection.  Yuck.  Will sell this.

Le Mystere Des Voix Bulgares

This is a collection of traditional Bulgarian music recorded by the Bulgarian state Female Vocal Choir.  This was enjoyable.  Will keep it.  It was clearly recorded before the end of the Cold War and it was the first good thing I listened to all day.

Hopefully I don't have many more days like this when I pull out records from my collection.  Only 1 decent one from the entire batch - hope I got must of the bad stuff out in one day.

Now I am going to wash my ears out with some good power metal!!!!

• Like 1

Warning: Weird/stupid band name incoming. J2112YYZ be warned.

The Callous Daoboys - My Dixie Wrecked EP

The Callous Daoboys - Animal Tetris EP

The Callous Daoboys - Die On Mars

The Callous Daoboys - Celebrity Therapist

Despite the silly name, album titles, and song names, this band is phenomenal. They're a very heavy mathcore band, and they remind me of bands like Every Time I Die and Dillinger Escape Plan.

They're quite experimental and inventive. For starters, they're a seven-piece band with multiple female members, which is both cool to see, and highly unusual for their genre. They also have a keyboardist, a saxophonist, and a violinist, the latter two of which especially are rarely found in bands like this.

10 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Its like Rush and Helloween had a baby.  Every time I started getting into a head banging rhythm they changed up something - the cord structure, time signature movements.  Something.  Thats that the prog / Rush influence.  But the overall energy / speed, thats the power metal / Helloween influence.  So glad you mentioned this group and then I looked them up on youtube - very interesting band.  I really like them.

Yes! I love them a lot at this point. Sad they didn't make it big. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Basically agreed.  My 3 favorite DP albums are Burn, Come Taste the Band and Stormbringer, in that order.  Bolin appears on an album I like a little more than Stormbringer, but the Coverdale - Hughes albums are the band's peak.  

Good call. I just scored tickets to see Hughes in November. He's doing Burn all the way through.

• Like 3

Dokken- Tooth And Nail 

If you don't like it, don't listen to it. I happen to love it. 

• Like 5