Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

Feuerschwanz - Prima Nocte

With this I have listened to all of In Extreme & Feuerschwanz's albums that I could find.  In Extremo is more medieval folk and less metal (but still plenty of metal).  Feuerschwanz is more metal but still some Medieval folk.  With both groups I started with their newer albums and worked to their older albums.  In Extremo stayed with a similar sound through all their albums.  Feuerschwanz is more metal now but their earlier albums were more medieval folk - they really have changed through the years.

My favorites from In Extremo were (1) their show at Wacken in 2022 and (2) their song "Liam". My favorites from Feuerschwanz were (1) their cover of "Warriors of the World" and (2) a song they did titled Am Feur.  Even though I could not understand what they were singing the video was LOL funny.  If I understood German it would have been even better.  From what I could tell, the singer sings about  a blond who is the love of his life.  He take out a picture of her he has in his pockets and kisses it and sings some more about her lovely figure and how she sometimes gives him headaches but if he says away his heart is almost broken but then it leaps for joy when they are back together & how she is special & his beloved.  Since I don't speak German I am guessing based on his body language in the video.  Near the end of the video he unfolds the picture so you can see the love of love who he always wants to be with an misses when they are separated.  His special beloved is a nice curvy glass of golden beer!!!!  Funny even though I don't speak German - it must be very funny if you understand German.

Ah well, on to either pull out more records or listen to something else on youtube.  Decisions, decisions...... 

• Like 1

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madonna- True Blue 

Madonna- Like A Prayer 

Madonna- Erotica 

Madonna- Bedtime Stories 

Madonna- Ray Of Light 

I forgot how great her albums were. I don't know what it is about this woman, as a person I think she is garbage. But her music has an X factor that just can't be denied. These are my five favourite albums of hers. Great pop music. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Masterplan - Masterplan 

Went the youtube route.  Wow!!  Very good album.

I love this album!!!!! I feel it has a Rush like magic mixed with power metal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Madonna- True Blue 

Madonna- Like A Prayer 

Madonna- Erotica 

Madonna- Bedtime Stories 

Madonna- Ray Of Light 

I forgot how great her albums were. I don't know what it is about this woman, as a person I think she is garbage. But her music has an X factor that just can't be denied. These are my five favourite albums of hers. Great pop music. 

Without exaggeration, her debut album was truly groundbreaking!

Madonna GIF

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, The Cat 3 said:

Without exaggeration, her debut album was truly groundbreaking!

Madonna GIF

Maybe...reviews of the time imply it was pretty standard club fare.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Maybe...reviews of the time imply it was pretty standard club fare.

Yeah, critics will be critics, but back in '83 it was everywhere. 

It had 5 hit singles with "Everybody", "Lucky Star", "I'm Burning Up", "Borderline" & "Holiday".

Massive debut album that reads today like a greatest hits album.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, The Cat 3 said:

Yeah, critics will be critics, but back in '83 it was everywhere. 

It had 5 hit singles with "Everybody", "Lucky Star", "I'm Burning Up", "Borderline" & "Holiday".

Massive debut album that reads today like a greatest hits album.

Absolutely agree. I don't feel it was musically a game changer. Not the way Like A Virgin must have been. 

I don't like Madonna much as a person, but her music has a lot to say. Both of her taste level as well as the era. I don't know how seriously her music should be taken, but it hits deeper than most modern pop artists. 

Regardless, she remains a favourite of mine, if only regarding her discography. Unlike Mariah, Taylor Swift, Pat Benatar or P!nk, I don't value her much as a person.

• Like 2

Dokken-Under Lock and Key (6/10)

I can't tell you why or how this band doesn't connect with me.  it's a case where this is a band i should love but leave me cold.   Quite frankly it amazes me metal fans love them.  there's tons of lightweight fluff on here.

but again you love what you love right?

Mick

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

I can't tell you why or how this band doesn't connect with me.  it's a case where this is a band i should love but leave me cold.   Quite frankly it amazes me metal fans love them.  there's tons of lightweight fluff on here.

Mick

Metal fans don't love them. Where did you get that idea from?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Metal fans don't love them. Where did you get that idea from?

Hmmmm i watched to much Sea of Tranquilty on youtube i guess, lol.  those guys worship at Dokken's alter.

I'm playing this record it's honestly the most slick thing i've heard.  basically a boyband with guitars.

not for me.  like i said......it should be but....yuck

Mick

Dokken are very well respected and loved. Great band. Only thing that let them down was drink and drugs.

9 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Hmmmm i watched to much Sea of Tranquilty on youtube i guess, lol.  those guys worship at Dokken's alter.

I'm playing this record it's honestly the most slick thing i've heard.  basically a boyband with guitars.

not for me.  like i said......it should be but....yuck

Mick

They are not that different to Foreigner, but slightly louder. Not sure I get the description here. 

28 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

Tooth and Nail is really the album you want to spin from these guys.  I'm not the biggest fan, but that album is really good.

• Like 2