The Cat 3

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Eagles-On the Border (9/10)

Mick

Lol the only Eagles album I can still listen to. It is wonderful. The others are good but they were played around me so often I can't abide them anymore.

• Like 2

Blind Guardian- Battalions Of Fear 

Blind Guardian- Follow The Blind 

Blind Guardian- Tales From The Twilight World 

Blind Guardian- Somewhere Far Beyond 

Oh how I love Blind Guardian. So glad I discovered them for myself last year.

• Like 1

Jackson Browne-The Naked Ride home (7/10)

This 2002 album is as close to his classic Sound as he got.  but would be way better if it was shorter and.....as is my problem with Later day Jackson....he cut the waxing political cause man he has zero subtlty with it.

Mick

Rush- Counterparts 

Cold Fire is one of their most beautiful songs.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, The Cat 3 said:

:goodone:

Start gathering stones to throw at me, but this is easily in my top three Genesis albums!

2970222j5qi92g5zp.gif

If you love it, then the artists job is done! I'm starting to feel that no albums is truly without merit. Someone somewhere loves an album you don't, as much as you do your faves. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

If you love it, then the artists job is done! I'm starting to feel that no albums is truly without merit. Someone somewhere loves an album you don't, as much as you do your faves. 

I canot state how much i agree here.  Bad is only in what one sees or hears in music's case.

When you're younger (and even as grown people) you make these "definitive" statements on albums and that's counterproductive as shit i think.

Example.  you have really taken to Home Free while i wouldn't even consider that album anywhere CLOSE to great.....but that's OK to me.  in fact at this stage i think it's so cool. 

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

I canot state how much i agree here.  Bad is only in what one sees or hears in music's case.

When you're younger (and even as grown people) you make these "definitive" statements on albums and that's counterproductive as shit i think.

Example.  you have really taken to Home Free while i wouldn't even consider that album anywhere CLOSE to great.....but that's OK to me.  in fact at this stage i think it's so cool. 

Mick

I think Home Free is my favourite at the moment. But his best work is possibly the next two. I just love the lo-fi charm and whimsy of the debut. Its almost like a live album, it's so stripped back

• Like 2

Dan Fogelberg-Nether Lands (8/10)

Ok so this has grown on me VERY much.  It is very much a transitional record from the "scrappy rawness" of his first 3 to a more polished late 70's sound.

But my gosh when the bar is high here.....it's HIIIIIIIIIIGH!!

Nether Lands

Lessons learned (Perfect pop track that puts the Eagles to shame)

Loose Ennds:wub:

Love Gone By

Promises Made

Scarecrows Dream '(again:wub:)

Sketches

False Faces (:wub::yes:)

Mick

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Very well said…

…what a thoughtful response.

:sundog:

• Like 2

Dan Fogelberg-Phoenix (9/10)

Phoenix is the abum Dan was hinting at (you can see the bright neon Phoenix road signs) on Nether Lands.

It is a fully realized Pop/folk album.  that amps up the Hooks and polish but keeps the smart lyrics he's known for.  this album is ear candy but there's zero dumbing down (cough.....Exiles.....cough)  Well i should say not zero dumbing down.  I can't stand Longer.  the most cliched vapid turd burger ever committed  to wax, lol.

But everything else helped PROPEL Dan further to big status that he'd peak with on Innocent Age.

Mick

• Like 1