Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gallows- Orchestra Of Wolves 

This was an iconic band an album for us 2000s British kids. Still great after all these years.

Bruce Springsteen- Lucky Town 

Sure, I believe the E Street Band would have improved this album massively. But for what it is, and the quality of the songs on offer, this is my pick for most underrated Springsteen album.

• Like 1

Queensryche- Queensryche EP 

Megadeth- Peace Sells... But Who's Buying 

Dan Fogelberg- Home Free

• Like 6

Uriah Heep – Chaos & Colour | Echoes And Dust

New Uriah Heep album Chaos & Colour.

My second time of listening. I was a bit underwhelmed first time round, but it is growing on me. 

The opening track is co-written with Jeff Scott Soto, and on my version of the album, a demo version of the song is included featuring Soto on vocals and Ritchie Faulkner on guitar! Nice!

• Like 2

Jackson Browne-Hold Out (9/10)

To my money a real underrated album from Jackson.  Some classics here

Hold Out

Boulevard

Of Missing Persons

Call it A Loan (brialliant song)

Hold Hold out.

A gem that i think gets lost in his other greats but also IMO the last of his golden phase.

He would go too long between albums.

Mick

• Like 3

On 2/1/2023 at 6:49 AM, Segue Myles said:

Masterplan- Aeronautics 

Masterplan are amazing! A blend of hard rock, prog, power metal and AOR. They should be huge, but aren't. All their albums are great fun, with amazing songs and terrific vocals.

I wish I could like this post more than once.  Since it been a few weeks since I had posted I went back and read the posts I had mist out on.  Since I like hard rock & prog & power metal & AOR you really attracted me to this group.  I had never heard of them so I figured I would look them up on youtube and give them a try.  IMO you were not exaggerating at all.  I 100% agree - they are awesome.  Almost to good.  Once I get done listening to the German Folk Metal bands I have wanted to listen to they will be the next thing I really try out (along with continuing to listen to my record collection as I unpack it).

Thanks a ton for the recommendation!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAccountant said:

I wish I could like this post more than once.  Since it been a few weeks since I had posted I went back and read the posts I had mist out on.  Since I like hard rock & prog & power metal & AOR you really attracted me to this group.  I had never heard of them so I figured I would look them up on youtube and give them a try.  IMO you were not exaggerating at all.  I 100% agree - they are awesome.  Almost to good.  Once I get done listening to the German Folk Metal bands I have wanted to listen to they will be the next thing I really try out (along with continuing to listen to my record collection as I unpack it).

Thanks a ton for the recommendation!!!!

Oh fantastic! Yes this band is great, I now own the first three albums and they are so, so good. Really shocked they are so unknown!

Feuerschwanz - Memento Mori

What the heck is this?  Its another Medieval folk metal band from Germany.  Found them when I watched a review of one of their songs by The Charismatic Voice.   Was really impressed by the song (Warriors of the World - a cover they did for this album of the Manowar song) and decided to give the group a chance.  The difference between them and In Extremo is that In Extremo is more medieval folk and less metal (although their is plenty of metal) while Feuerschwanz is more metal and less medieval folk.  At least thats they way the bands come across to my ears.

Heck of an album though.  Very enjoyable.

BTW - I have no idea what Feuerschwanz translates to - sort of afraid to find out to tell the truth.  Most of their songs are in German although the cover of Warriors of the World was in English.  They also had Thomas Winkler (aka Angus McFifie, aks Angus McSix) formally of Gloryhammer plus 2 other guest vocalists I don't know join them for the song.  Heck of a cover, heck of an album.

A few oldies last night -

Joni Ladies.jpg

Bluealbumcover.jpg

Some of Joni Mitchell's stuff is just divine.

John Prine self-titled.jpg

SweetRevengePrine.jpg

A friend suggested that I should listen to some John Prine.

I picked these two early albums. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed them - he appeared to be a great songwriter - I will listen to some more for sure.

• Like 1