Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

Dan Fogelberg-Captured Angel (10/10)

Dan really does have two kinda split sounds.

his first 3 albums are so raw and hungry.  than NetherLands transitions too a more pop production sound but the hunger never leaves.

god i adore Dan.  Captured Angel may be my fav.  I said it was Phoenix but i think i lied, lol

Mick

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Dan Fogelberg-Captured Angel (10/10)

Dan really does have two kinda split sounds.

his first 3 albums are so raw and hungry.  than NetherLands transitions too a more pop production sound but the hunger never leaves.

god i adore Dan.  Captured Angel may be my fav.  I said it was Phoenix but i think i lied, lol

Mick

I honestly love his debut the most ATM, no reason I just love the vibe

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

I honestly love his debut the most ATM, no reason I just love the vibe

i play the debut the least next to Nether Lands.  Doesn't mean i dislike them.  i just think when i want fogelbeg.  i want that run from Souvenirs to Windows and walls.  Nether Lands is the only bump in that run for me.  It's a transitional record for him.  and i don't think the songs are as strong to my ears though there ARE standouts.

I could just talk Fogelberg all day, lol

Mick

Dan Fogelberg-Nether Lands (7/10)

This is probably my least fav album from him.  I mean from that first fertile period.  it's clearly a transitional period from the raw early days to something more Polished.  Honestly it doesn't quite land likePhoenix would just two years later.

I mean there are great tunes here.

The title song.

Lessons Learned

Loose Ends

Scarecrows Dream.

the rest is stuck in the early fogelberg and the pop/rockers he'd perfect on Phoenix are only half cooked here.

So not my fav but.  but a promise of his big success yet  to come and still a good record.

Mick

Inspired by the recent ‘ Hair Metal ‘ threads

I listened to some great Albums :imo:

to rightly prove to myself that some of these bands made more than the odd catchy single :yes: :pirate: 

Dokken - Back for the Attack

TNT - Tell No Tales

Winger - In the Heart of the Young

White Lion - Mane Attraction

• Like 3

Slayer- Seasons In The Abyss 

Mariah Carey- Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

SLAYER??????? YOU???????? WHAT is life????????

lol.

Mick

I played side A. I didn't like it. I was thinking In Flames or Anthrax instead but

...needed me some Mimi

• Haha 3

Paramore - All We Know Is Falling

Paramore - Riot!

Paramore - Brand New Eyes

was trying to do a whole marathon but it got sidetracked and I switched it up

Twenty One Pilots - Vessel

the good news is my copy of Paramore’s new album This Is Why finally arrived! So I will be listening to a probable album of the year candidate shortly!

• Like 1

Paramore - This Is Why

Not gonna give first thoughts yet it just ended, but if you’re wondering positive or negative, definitely positive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Genesis - A Trick of the Tail

Murder By Death - Bitter Drink, Bitter Moon

Tom Waits - Rain Dogs

Alice Cooper - Dada

Angel Witch - As Above, So Below 

Have you heard Dada before? I think it's pretty good considering Cooper was blackout drunk when making the album and has no recollection of doing it.

• Like 2

In Flames- Foregone 

After a week, this has grown on me so much. This album recaptures the power and the crunch of their 2006 classic Come Clarity. It's definitely a huge improvement on their recent works, which were fine but far too polished and commercial (normally this doesn't bother me, but as a long term fan, Battles and I, The Mask sounded like a real identity crisis. The two before then I prefer, but even they weren't top tier In Flames).

Fans call this a return to form. For me, it's more of the In Flames I have always loved, but it finally sounds like they have their mojo back.

Nothing new, but who cares when it's this good? It's been getting radioplay in the UK, which is curious because its heavy and not typically radio friendly. The last four albums were ignored.

Edited by Segue Myles

In Flames- Come Clarity 

This album was a huge hit in 2006. In the UK, it put them firmly on the map. Its probably my favourite, and the album where they really merged the death metal of their roots with a range of styles popular at the time. These days, it almost sounds like a best of.

Are In Flames about to win back the European metal scene? It feels suspiciously like it. The new album feels like this albums sequel, and I couldn't be more delighted.

9 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Have you heard Dada before? I think it's pretty good considering Cooper was blackout drunk when making the album and has no recollection of doing it.

I've heard it a few times. It's definitely one of his records I'm least familiar with. It's quite good despite his mental state. I put I Love America on my redneck/country music playlist lol

Dan Fogelberg- Home Free 

This is a beautiful album. It's very simple, some might say plain, but I think its just gorgeous. 

• Like 1

Dan Fogelberg- Home Free 

Dan Fogelberg- Souvenirs 

Dan Fogelberg- Captured Angel

• Like 2

Da Fogelberg-Cptured Angel (10/10)

My fav Fogeberg. i think this is pound for pound his best set of Songs

These Days

Old Tennessee

Captured Angel

Next Time

Maan In The Mirror/Below The Surface

Crow

THE LAST NAIL!!!!! (COME ON.......THE LAST NAIL!!!!!!!!, lol)

song for song his best set, IMO.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1