Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Reo Speedwagon-You Can Tune A Fish (10/10)

remind me how this band wasn't a fav at one time?

Mick

Excellent album! I think I told Entre one time, I used to live with someone who would come home drunk and blast it on the stereo! :biggrin:  I really like it anyway!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Andrew WK - Close Calls with Brick Walls

Primus - Brown Album

Stone Temple Pilots - Stone Temple Pilots (2010)

Tropical Fuckstorm - Braindrops

Tropical Fuckstorm - Deep States

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Omnium Gatherum

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Ice, Death, Planets, Lungs, Mushrooms and Lava

• Like 3

11 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Lindsey is the ENTIRE reason i got into Fleetwod Mac. my fav guitarist.

Mick

For me I was captivated by Stevie first. But the live version of I'm So Afraid knocked me off my feet.

• Like 1

Angra- Temple Of Shadows 

Last year I asked myself why it took so long for me to get into Blind Guardian and Rhapsody. Both bands were always coming up on my radar, and it was nearly two decades of knowing their names before I fell head over heals for them. Well, now we have Angra. Bloody hell! This band is phenomenal! This album in particular, of the two I've listened too, has knocked me off my feet! It really shouldn't have taken me this long to check them out. In the end though, it was worth it. 

Masterplan- Aeronautics 

Now until recently I had never heard of this band. Featuring former members of Helloween, fronted by one of the greatest singers I've ever heard in metal Jorn, this is power metal with a hard rock slant, and I love them.

• Like 2

Tuesday and Wednesday:

Carly Cosgrove - See You In Chemistry (Vinyl)

Belmont - Aftermath (Vinyl)

Belmont - Belmont (Vinyl)

R.E.M. - Chronic Town EP

R.E.M. - Murmur

R.E.M. - Reckoning

R.E.M. - Fables Of The Reconstruction

R.E.M. - Lifes Rich Pageant (Vinyl)

• Like 2

Muse-Black Holes And Revelations (10/10)

in a lot of ways i miss this version of the band.  Just a straight ahead rock band.  Before programmced beats mostly took over the rhythm Section.  Before Matt got on the conspiracy theory angle heavily. I know they'll never make an album like this again but gosh i miss it.

Mick

• Like 4

18 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Lindsey is the ENTIRE reason i got into Fleetwod Mac. my fav guitarist.

Mick

I got to see him live last year and watching him play was mesmerizing

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

in a lot of ways i miss this version of the band.  Just a straight ahead rock band.  Before programmced beats mostly took over the rhythm Section.  Before Matt got on the conspiracy theory angle heavily. I know they'll never make an album like this again but gosh i miss it.

Mick

I’d like a remaster/remix of this. It’s very loud mix is one of the only things that keeps it below Abso for me most days.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

I've been giving them a try recently and this is the only album I like start to finish. Everything else is 50/50 with me or just flat out weird like The 2nd Law.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I've been giving them a try recently and this is the only album I like start to finish. Everything else is 50/50 with me or just flat out weird like The 2nd Law.

It is their most accessible record, and I think maybe their most successful.

• Like 2

Fall Out Boy - From Under The Cork Tree (screw it, I don’t care if they’re indefensible, these lyrics help me blow off steam)

White Stripes - Elephant (and these ones are so effortless)

Hüsker Dü - Land Speed Record (can’t really make these ones out, lol)

Fugazi - Red Medicine (and I’m sure these ones are great but I wasn’t paying much attention)

Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (and these ones are perfect for playing Halo, lol)

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 9:34 PM, Rick N. Backer said:

I've been powering through the UFO - Strangers in the Night box set the last few days.  Schenker-era UFO is amazing.  

This box is fantastic. I'm listening to it right now. This is how retrospectives of classic albums should be done.

• Like 2