Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

7 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Are they? So the rest of their songs aren't as boring as the Seeing Red one is?

From what I remember, somebody threw something on stage. The singer said it that happened again they were leaving. The crowd booed that which pissed him off even more, so he said something else that angered the crowd and they went into the next song and they kept booing. So, they left the stage. I thought it was awesome since I was beyond sick of Seeing Red getting played every five seconds on the radio and of course the whole rarity of getting to see a band get booed off stage.

I could never applaud behaviour like that. I find it revolting, honestly. Why gather in a crowd to watch that band if you don't like them? Dickhead behaviour. 

• Like 3

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Are they? So the rest of their songs aren't as boring as the Seeing Red one is?

From what I remember, somebody threw something on stage. The singer said it that happened again they were leaving. The crowd booed that which pissed him off even more, so he said something else that angered the crowd and they went into the next song and they kept booing. So, they left the stage. I thought it was awesome since I was beyond sick of Seeing Red getting played every five seconds on the radio and of course the whole rarity of getting to see a band get booed off stage.

I could never applaud behaviour like that. I find it revolting, honestly. Why gather in a crowd to watch that band if you don't like them? Dickhead behaviour. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

It was a festival and they weren't the headliners. I think Ozzy and Disturbed we're. So, people gather to check out the band and see if they like them. I don't know why the person threw something on stage. I don't even remember exactly what it was. Maybe an empty water bottle or beer cup? A lot of people may not have even noticed it and all they heard was the singer bitching at the crowd and that's why the people got mad and booed. It could have been someone who didn't like them or just a drunk person being an idiot as inebriated people often are. He had every right to be upset but complaining in front of 15,000 people probably isn't going to get a favorable reaction unless you're Bruce Dickinson.

Blind Guardian- A Twist In The Myth 

Great songs, terrible sound mixing. If any album deserves a remaster, it's this one. Unfortunately typical of 2000s releases.

• Like 1

Rush- Clockwork Angels 

I can't believe how incredible this album is. Eleven years since it came out, and it is easy to now see how high up the list it really is of their best albums. Definitely in my top ten, nestled comfortably next to my top five. Just a really adventurous, exciting album with a lot of heart and great lyrics. 

• Like 9

Angra- Rebirth 

My first time listen to, I think, the biggest metal band from Brazil (although that could still be Sepultura). This is great! They have been on my radar for many, many years, I just never gave them a shot. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Angra- Rebirth 

My first time listen to, I think, the biggest metal band from Brazil (although that could still be Sepultura). This is great! They have been on my radar for many, many years, I just never gave them a shot. 

Just wait til you hear Temple of Shadows

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Just wait til you hear Temple of Shadows

I'm excited! My favourite moments on this album were when they used what sounds like Brazilian music as a texture. I'm eager to dig into the three previous albums. Normally I start at the beginning of a bands discography, but this album came highly recommended by a friend.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Eagles-Hotel California (10/10)

Call this album overplayed but great is great.

Mick

Agreed! Crazy thing is this band are even better live! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

seen em twice dude they do 3 and a half hours and it's amazing!!!!!!

Mick

I never really connected with Eagles music until my friend showed me live things. Same thing happened with Fleetwood Mac. I loved them, I really did. Then I heard The Dance live album and I was blown away, especially by I'm So Afraid!

Some bands really deserve a closer look, studio material isn't always the best sell.

• Like 3

Peter Gabriel - Car

Peter Gabriel - Scratch

Peter Gabriel - Melt

Car is bursting with ideas but there are moments when you can tell Peter hasn’t yet changed all that much from his Genesis days, just hired some different musicians to play behind him. Scratch feels very much like a reaction to and enthusiastic embrace of punk, though those proggier tendencies still shine through in places, and he’s trying to figure out how to mix the two aesthetics. Melt is that fusion, fully formed. Plus the songwriting kicked up a notch.  Taking notes from Bowie and and Eno, Melt finds the common ground between prog and punk, an experimental sound palate built on restrictions and simplifications, and lyrics which speak to the mind as much as the heart.  His best thus far.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

The Used- In Love And Death is one of my all time favourite albums. Same with that Brand New.

I think you'd like that Save Face album too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Peter Gabriel - Car

Peter Gabriel - Scratch

Peter Gabriel - Melt

Car is bursting with ideas but there are moments when you can tell Peter hasn’t yet changed all that much from his Genesis days, just hired some different musicians to play behind him. Scratch feels very much like a reaction to and enthusiastic embrace of punk, though those proggier tendencies still shine through in places, and he’s trying to figure out how to mix the two aesthetics. Melt is that fusion, fully formed. Plus the songwriting kicked up a notch.  Taking notes from Bowie and and Eno, Melt finds the common ground between prog and punk, an experimental sound palate built on restrictions and simplifications, and lyrics which speak to the mind as much as the heart.  His best thus far.

Pete's first 2 albums are really good and i love them.  But he flips a switch on Melt......that album is......wow.

Mick

• Like 2

Muse-The 2nd Law (7/10)

Panic Station is Muse Deciding hey you know what's missing in music these days?  NEW JACK SWING!!!!! let's try that.  And it's the weirdest f***ing thing i've ever heard, lol

THIS BAND IS BIZARRE EP!!!!!!!!

Mick

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 1/30/2023 at 9:31 PM, bluefox4000 said:

What do you think of Enchant.  They came up in the 90's prog revival but their melodic sensibilities are firmly grounded in AOR.  Ted Leonerd (the singer)  is essentially Steve Perry meets Steve Walsh, lol

Mick

Yeah I’m enjoying the Enchant catalogue & Yep Mick , I agree with you re: Ted 👍🙂

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 9:27 PM, Turbine Freight said:

Schon and hammer untold passion.jpg

Love this album and 

Here to Stay too ( still got both on CD )

👍😎

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I never really connected with Eagles music until my friend showed me live things. Same thing happened with Fleetwood Mac. I loved them, I really did. Then I heard The Dance live album and I was blown away, especially by I'm So Afraid!

Some bands really deserve a closer look, studio material isn't always the best sell.

I'm So Afraid live is when Lindsey kicks some serious ass!