• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor Swift- Midnights 

Pantera- Far Beyond Driven

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Cat 3 said:

Rush - A Farewell To Kings: 40th Anniversary Deluxe Edition (1977 - 2017)

I hate this artwork 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

I didn't think there was a way to make that Pantera album sound any more aggressive but I think you just found one 😄

he could swift with ANY combo.

Swift followed by Straight outta Compton:laugh:

Mick

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Muse-The Resistance-(8/10)

Grown to love this......Expect the Exogenesis thing at the end......they reached for something that misses with me completely.

Mick

This is inarguably my favorite Muse album. The production is immaculate, the songs are bold and absurdly diverse, and the performances are incredibly fine tuned. Exogenesis actually took the longest to grow on me of the whole thing, but now it sits comfortably among my favorite things Muse has ever done. Check out the fan animated music video for Part 3. It brought a tear to my eye.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

This is inarguably my favorite Muse album. The production is immaculate, the songs are bold and absurdly diverse, and the performances are incredibly fine tuned. Exogenesis actually took the longest to grow on me of the whole thing, but now it sits comfortably among my favorite things Muse has ever done. Check out the fan animated music video for Part 3. It brought a tear to my eye.

it will probably grow on me......it's just like what an odd way to close your record, lol

Howeveri love everything else.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

I hate this artwork 🤣

I actually like this one a lot. It makes a lot more sense with the big triple LP edition.

Muse-Simulation Theory (6/10)

I think. In going through Muse's discography this wins the prise for WEIRDEST album.

I thought it was 2nd Law.....no no nooooooo, lol

i wonder what the thought process was here.

Yhe entire first 5 songs almost sound like one big acid trip and it's probably my least fav block of Muse Music.  i honestly can't separate one song from the next.

Than You get a bunch of Ballads in the 2nd half. like 3 in a row. 

It's a weird album and plus there's BARELY any real drums or bass......Which by the by. is my fav thing about muse.  the f***ing rhythm section is just somehow not on this album, lol. AM wrong here?????? plus in the song Dig down.  They're totally saying Dick-ed Down:laugh2:

probably my least fav but i have to replay the new one, lol

Mick

• Like 2

Caligula’s Horse - Bloom

White Reaper - You Deserve Love (in preparation for…)

White Reaper - Asking For A Ride

Brand new White Reaper album out today, and it once again surpassed my expectations for this band!  The first half has them channeling their heaviest influences (Metallica, Priest, Thin Lizzy, to name a few), and it’s by far the heaviest they’ve ever been on record. The second sees more of a focus of keys and textures, but still with plenty of great guitar work, resulting in a sound I can only really compare to The Killers’ Hot Fuss if they had twin lead guitarists. This is a lot of new ground broken for this band, and I think in the process they’ve really started crafting a sound that can’t just be labeled revivalism. 10 songs in 30 minutes with plenty of great hooks, riffs, and atmospheres. All bangers. Check it out!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Muse-Simulation Theory (6/10)

I think. In going through Muse's discography this wins the prise for WEIRDEST album.

I thought it was 2nd Law.....no no nooooooo, lol

i wonder what the thought process was here.

Yhe entire first 5 songs almost sound like one big acid trip and it's probably my least fav block of Muse Music.  i honestly can't separate one song from the next.

Than You get a bunch of Ballads in the 2nd half. like 3 in a row. 

It's a weird album and plus there's BARELY any real drums or bass......Which by the by. is my fav thing about muse.  the f***ing rhythm section is just somehow not on this album, lol. AM wrong here?????? plus in the song Dig down.  They're totally saying Dick-ed Down:laugh2:

probably my least fav but i have to replay the new one, lol

Mick

Definitely their weirdest. I love the experiments though, Propoganda and Break It To Me especially. Dig Down is possibly my least favorite Muse song, but check out the acoustic gospel version from the bonus disc.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2023 at 6:49 PM, The Cat 3 said:

Nice!

My copy hasn't arrived yet.

Have you listened to it all already?

How are you finding it?

It's great, an absolutely terrific set. You're going to love it. I've played it once all the way through & am now doing repeat listens of the various gigs. Money well spent.

• Like 1

John Lennon and Yoko Ono - Some Time in NYC.

John Lennon and Yoko Ono - Double Fantasy Stripped Down.

Unlike Paul and Linda McCartney's (snicker) Ram, these actually are collaborations.  Which is why half the songs get skipped. 

If I paid money to see Lennon in 1972 and got what's on the live disc of NYC, I'd be livid.  I choose to believe that had John completed his comeback in 1980, Yoko would not have been allowed on the stage.  I know that's not likely, but it's what I WANT to believe.

• Like 3

Thin Lizzy - Vagabonds Of The Western World

Bite me but this is better than most of the double lead guitar era albums.

• Like 1