• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Queensrÿche - Empire ( 10/10 )

Queensrÿche - Promised Land ( 8/10 ) 

Edited by Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios
Auto spellchecker typo
  • Like 6

41 minutes ago, Mithrandir said:

I prefer Court and Spark and Ladies of the Canyon, but Blue is fantastic.

Blue (Joni Mitchell album) - Wikipedia

My Fav joni is the run of Court and Spark through Hejira.

Blue is good but i find it just a bit overrated.

Mick

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Muse-Black Holes & Revelations (10/10)

I talk a lot of Shit about Muse now (and will never take any of it back)  but i still LOVE the first 4 records.  This one being my favorite.

Mick

Yay!

Hey, if I had four albums to my name that no one could really argue weren’t good, I’m be pretty happy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Yay!

Hey, if I had four albums to my name that no one could really argue weren’t good, I’m be pretty happy.

Exactly.  so what if i don't like current Muse.  the first 4 didn't get magically deleted.  they're still here and i love them.

Mick

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Exactly.  so what if i don't like current Muse.  the first 4 didn't get magically deleted.  they're still here and i love them.

Mick

Have you heard the B-sides from that era? They used to do tons of them and there are some fantastic hidden gems among them. Like Glorious, Eternally Missed, In Your World, and Easily.

• Like 2

Triumph - Thunder Seven

First off, this album has some of my favorite artwork of any album.  Love the cover art.  Then there is the saying on the record jacket:

There are 10 thunders in the Wake:

The Seventh Thunder is tribal man again.

Where did that come from?  Sounds like it should go with Robert Jordan's epic Wheel of Time series - but that did not start getting published for the better part of another decade.  It so interests me but have never been able to figure out what is from (assuming they did not make it up).  Does anybody know?

The album has Spellbound & Follow Your Heart.  Really like those songs and I crank them up anytime I hear them.  For me they are classics.  But there are a bunch of other good songs.  They include:

Rock Out, Roll On

Midsummer's Daydream (a nice acoustic guitar solo)

Time Goes By

Killing Time

There are a few songs that do nothing for me (like Cool Down) and which I will skip.  Having listened to the album confirms for me that they still do nothing for me.

But overall its a very good album.  

• Like 7

38 Special - Tour De Force

This album has 2 hits (If I'd Been The One & Back Where You Belong) both of which I crank up anytime I hear them.. Really like those songs.  Side 1 also has 2 other songs that are ok (One Time For Old Times & See Me In Your Eyes).

Side 2 I have historically skipped.  Listened to it this time and it reminded me why I normally skip it.  The songs on that side of the record do nothing for me.

Overall its ok - due to side 1 and the strong songs on it. 

• Like 2