• Like 5

7 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

The Tragically Hip - Up to Here

Katatonia - Viva Emptiness

Riverside - Out of Myself

Chicago - Chicago VI

King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - Willoughby's Beach

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - 12 Bar Bruise

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Eyes Like the Sky (Actually a pretty cool record that doubles as a western audio book with the band providing the soundtrack)

Roy Orbison - Mystery Girl

David Crosby  - If Only I Could Remember My Name

I finally tried out King Gizzard last year and really enjoyed them. I've only heard 5 of their albums so far. Fun stuff. I plan to massively binge on them soon once my current Queen phase burns out!

8 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

The entire time I have been alive, Alice Cooper has always been a solo artist. As big of a fan as I am, I have never once thought of it as a group. Even when I listen to the albums they played on.

Alice Cooper, Glen Buxton, Dennis Dunaway, Michael Bruce and Neal Smith ......... very much a group!!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chronos said:

I finally tried out King Gizzard last year and really enjoyed them. I've only heard 5 of their albums so far. Fun stuff. I plan to massively binge on them soon once my current Queen phase burns out!

I'm doing a slow binge atm. Their earliest stuff might be their weakest but there's still good songs in there. They still have some very unique material buried in those records.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Turbine Freight said:

Acmuscle.jpg

"We're so young and pretty..."

17 hours ago, zepphead said:

The end of the line for the classic Alice Cooper Band lineup. 

I remember buying it on release date and finding that the cardboard box packaging made it so hard to store with all my other albums.

I was kinda disappointed with the album - end of an era for me.

The Alice Cooper Group with Bob Ezrin was an unstoppable force, that's for sure.

I can't imagine that any album that followed "Billion Dollar Babies" (and the three monster releases before it) stood a chance, especially without Ezrin at the helm.

That being said, time has been very kind to "Muscle of Love", in my opinion.

I enjoy it much more now than I did growing up.

It is a solid rock album with great songs...

...the band was just so burnt out and splintered at the time that even the great Jack Douglas couldn't save them.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, The Cat 3 said:

The Alice Cooper Group with Bob Ezrin was an unstoppable force, that's for sure.

I can't imagine that any album that followed "Billion Dollar Babies" (and the three monster releases before it) stood a chance, especially without Ezrin at the helm.

...the band was just so burnt out and splintered at the time that even the great Jack Douglas couldn't save them.

I shall given it a listen over the weekend. It's been a long time since I heard it.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, zepphead said:

I shall given it a listen over the weekend. It's been a long time since I heard it.

I was especially impressed recently with “Big Apple Dreaming”, “Hard Hearted Alice”, “Teenage Lament ‘74”, “Muscle of Love” and “Woman Machine”.

They hold their own with anything from “Love it to Death”, “Killer”, “School’s Out” or “Billion Dollar Babies” in my opinion.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, The Cat 3 said:

I was especially impressed recently with “Big Apple Dreaming”, “Hard Hearted Alice”, “Teenage Lament ‘74”, “Muscle of Love” and “Woman Machine”.

They hold their own with anything from “Love it to Death”, “Killer”, “School’s Out” or “Billion Dollar Babies” in my opinion.

Tomorrow (after watching the horse racing & having a few beers) I will give it a blast.

The 'beer test' is always a good yardstick for me!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Cat 3 said:

I think this is the issue exactly. What came before MoL is so incredible that it gets overshadowed. I love it myself.

• Like 1