not really much to get.

Mick

He's a 10/10 vocalist and front man! 

I MISS WHEN WE RAN TOGETHER IN HARMONY IN FIELDS OF f***ing SUNFLOWERS

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

He's a 10/10 vocalist and front man! 

I MISS WHEN WE RAN TOGETHER IN HARMONY IN FIELDS OF f***ing SUNFLOWERS

please he's sounds like he's recording while having his balls tickled by mickey mouse.......WHILE getting a prostate exam.

Mick

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

please he's sounds like he's recording while having his balls tickled by mickey mouse.......WHILE getting a prostate exam.

Mick

I genuinely don't get how you love Broadway but find HIM too much 😅

38 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Green Day-American Idiot (8/10)

Mick

Where does it lose points for you?

Also, how would you rank My Chemical Romance’s The Black Parade?

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

Normally I say it's Warning, but Nimrod sure gives it a run for its money! Nimrod, Warning, AI and 21CBD are all perfect albums to me.

Oh and Insomniac too.

I love Green Day more than I realise. Potentially my next spin!

Still need to properly listen to 21CBD.

I’ve listened to Warning once and I really liked it. I listened to Insomniac once some years ago and thought it was good.  Nimrod, AI, and Dookie are the records I know best, and Nimrod and AI are constantly fighting for my top spot.

Fall Out Boy - Infinity On High

(new FOB song today and… they have officially become a rock band again!)

American Football - LP1

Jimmy Eat World - Clarity

Jimmy Eat World - Singles

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Brilliant album, but I still think their best album is Three Cheers.

• Like 2

Just now, Segue Myles said:

Brilliant album, but I still think their best album is Three Cheers.

I go back and forth on those two. I only ask about TBP in particular because it has an AI kind of a reputation and ambition about it.

2 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I go back and forth on those two. I only ask about TBP in particular because it has an AI kind of a reputation and ambition about it.

I personally think they are about equal. I struggle a bit with AI because it was so overplayed, but I've come to appreciate it again. 

• Like 1

Nest out of the moving box:

Triumph - Stages

A double live album.  By all rights I should like it - a lot.  I was lucky enough to see Triumph on The Sport Of Kings tour in 1986 and it was an excellent concert.  Defiantly a op 10 all time concert for me.  Perhaps as high as # 4 or #5.  It still ranks that high after all these years and I have seen a lot of shows since.  Plus I like Triumph a lot.  Good songs on this album.  But somehow I am not really thrilled by the album.  Why?  Well, generally I find that I like live albums more if they are recorded at one show.  This album was recorded over a number of shows during the Allied Forces, Never Surrender and Thunder Seven tours.  I never like it when a band does that.  In addition, they don't specify which songs were recorded on which tours.  Obviously anything from Thunder Seven would have been recorded on that tour.  But when and were?  I like knowing and not knowing somehow always detracts from the album.  Plus the way the album is recorded / mixed it feel like individuals songs with a crowd sound tacked on.  At least to my ears.  So the lack of a flow from song to song (which I would get if it was one show or at least recorded / mixed better) plus that little thing of not knowing when  / where it was recorded just hurts it.  The individual songs are ok.  This is a case where the album is much less then the sum of its parts.  Pity, I have some other live Triumph and thats very good.  But this album is just a disappointment. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

The Last 2 tracks is points off.

Homecoming is just not as good of a longer track for me.  it's nowhere Near as good as Jesus of Suburbia IMO.  Whatshername is a ok closer but leaves no impression afterward.

and Black Parade?  love it to death.

Micck

• Like 1

Ozzy - Killer of Giants

This a one record boot of a show on the Bark At The Moon tour.  Based on the title you might think it relates to Ultimate Sin tour but no - its clearly the Bark At The Moon tour.  Frustrating that I can't tell exactly what show however.  Also frustrating that Ozzy has a head cold (he mentions it) so it definitely effects his voice - the band and the crowd have to compensate.  Still, that sort of makes it an interesting bit of history.  Interesting but not thrilling boot.

• Like 2

Badlands - Badlands

I think Badlands put out 2 albums and I have just this one.  I sort of recall the song Dreams In The Dark getting some airplay and its decent.  The last 2 songs on side B (Devil's Stomp & Seasons) are ok as well.  Some oil the other songs have some ok moments.  Nothing really special but some ok guitar work.  Then again, it was Jake E. Leee's group so I would anticipate that.  Interestingly the album was also produced by Paul O'Neill who produced some of Savatage's best work including Hall Of The Mountain King.  Its ok overall.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

The Last 2 tracks is points off.

Homecoming is just not as good of a longer track for me.  it's nowhere Near as good as Jesus of Suburbia IMO.  Whatshername is a ok closer but leaves no impression afterward.

and Black Parade?  love it to death.

Micck

Interesting. I’ll agree Homecoming isn’t as good as Jesus Of Suburbia, but I’ve always really loved Whatsername. It feels more like an epilogue than a last chapter.

• Like 1

Alter Bridge:

Fortress

The Last Hero 

I forgot how bland and uneventful TLH is. It's appropriate that the song Losing Patience is placed where it is because that's about the point on the album where I start to skip through songs. The album starts fine, peaks with The Other Side and then it just kind of goes blah after that. Most of these songs sound like bonus track/leftover songs. Kind of reminds me of Thirteen from Megadeth. A few pretty good songs but a lot of forgettable b-side kind of tunes. Fortress is still great though.

3 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

shut up:puke::laugh2:

if i could that vomit would be in your mouth, lol

Mick

Be careful when saying stuff like that on the internet. There's probably people out there who are into that kind of thing 😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Be careful when saying stuff like that on the internet. There's probably people out there who are into that kind of thing 😂

If you can think of something, someone is probably into it

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Alter Bridge:

Fortress

The Last Hero 

I forgot how bland and uneventful TLH is. It's appropriate that the song Losing Patience is placed where it is because that's about the point on the album where I start to skip through songs. The album starts fine, peaks with The Other Side and then it just kind of goes blah after that. Most of these songs sound like bonus track/leftover songs. Kind of reminds me of Thirteen from Megadeth. A few pretty good songs but a lot of forgettable b-side kind of tunes. Fortress is still great though.

Shame, TLH remains in my top three

17 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I discovered Rush in 2011 (had heard of them before then, just never checked them out). More than any other band ever, they transformed my music taste and sent me in directions I never thought I'd ever go.

And I'm glad. I love them dearly, the albums feel like my friends now.

That's awesome!

I love the fact that you can play a Taylor Swift album followed by an Iron Maiden album and love them equally.

• Like 3