RIP Jeff Beck

laughedatbytime

I've just woken up to this shocking news.

A true guitar hero.

Of all the remaining musical heroes from my era, I was probably expecting this news the least - he seemed in such great shape.

RIP Jeff.

Jeff Beck Beat Instrumental UK magazine (603789) NO. 52

• Like 4

:rose:   :rose:   :rose:

What a great loss we all have with the loss of the great Jeff Beck.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and fans.

I was fortunate enough to have seen him live on two occasions.

The first was at the benefit ARMS Concert at Madison Square Garden in 1983 and the second was at Beacon Theatre in 2013.

I had the opportunity to meet him at the Beacon show in 2013 alongside Brian Wilson and Al Jardine.

He was super friendly and had a great sense of humour and quick wit.

Thank you for sharing your gift of music with the world Mr. Beck and may you rest in peace.

:rose:   :rose:   :rose:

0c36e33613104763b4e73dd093c042a5.jpg

ARMS Concert - Madison Square Garden - New York City - 08 December 1983

beea98b0e317ff4ce6e41dbc4b4db728.jpg

Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Kenney Jones - ARMS Concert - 08 December 1983

Brian Wilson and Jeff beck

Beacon Theatre - New York City - 15 October 2013

Edited by The Cat 3
Add photo
  • Like 5

23 hours ago, custom55 said:

RIP

No wonder Alex and Geddy loved their music...Feedback was the first ep of Rush I bought  (:wink:).  I remember listening to them playing Buffalo Springfield and Yardbirds songs during R30 and thinking these guys like a lot of stuff I like...RIP Jeff

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, zepphead said:

I've just woken up to this shocking news.

A true guitar hero.

Of all the remaining musical heroes from my era, I was probably expecting this news the least - he seemed in such great shape.

RIP Jeff.

Jeff Beck Beat Instrumental UK magazine (603789) NO. 52

Yes a real shame to lose such a legend and he was still touring right till the end. One of my work colleagues saw him live ( with Johnny Depp making a guest appearance ) only a few short months ago and told me  Jeff was still on top form. 
RIP Jeff 

• Like 3

I've been sorry, to hear, see, and read this.  I haven't been listening to his music, but I have respect for him.  I know he's influenced a lot of musicians including guitarists.  He will be missed, and remembered.  My condolences, to his family, and friends.  R.I.P., Jeff.

• Like 2

On 1/12/2023 at 1:34 PM, zepphead said:

I would also recommend this terrific live set -

Performing This Week: Live at Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club: Amazon.co.uk: CDs &  Vinyl

Good posting! I have the DVD but no t-shirt! There is a good set or two on Crossroads 2007 Guitar Festival, also, his emotive jazz fusion style was phenomenal  AND What a band!

When he released the bluesy 1968 Truth, take a look a look at the musicians on that classic!

• Like 2

On 1/12/2023 at 6:14 PM, Lurkst said:

Alex's is especially good.

There have been many brilliant guitarists over the past century but every million years or so, a genius comes along whose singular command of the instrument is so nuanced, natural and novel. Jeff Beck’s playing made me smile and made me cry and made me try to be a better player and most of all, made me and countless others seek the ultimate expression of who we are as players. Thank you, Jeff. 💙

~Lerxst

• Like 3

Another tough one. Only really "got" him 30 years ago. Never got to see him live but the fairly recent live albums and DVDs are flat out amazing. Studio work too.

Legendary doesn't do his accomplishments justice.

• Like 4