Ridley Scott is Making a Sequel to Gladiator?

Principled Man

I was blown away by Connie Nielsen as Lucilla.  She gave a masterful performance.  

Even if she were in this film, I wouldn’t go see it.  There is simply no good reason to make a sequel, IMO.  The story has been told. 

37 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

FTFY

Just don't do any battles on the ceiling.

nO4j2OK.gif

Spoiler

To think some people give Lionel Richie credit for bringing Astaire back when this was 2 years before.  Let's show Turbo some respect. :laugh:

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 9:14 AM, BigMontanaSKY said:

The original movie did so well at the Box Office, so I don't see why not........

Worked for fellow BP winner The Godfather.  The Sting and the nominated Chinatown regarding Two Jakes (albeit underrated) on the other hand...

More American Graffiti is the worst offender.  Got around to that on Showtime recently and to say it pales in comparison is an understatement.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

Scott must be wanting to top up his pension if he wants to revive this 23 year old classic.

Is there any real need for a sequel after such a long interval? But then again perhaps it might work out if Scott plays it right, although if it does get released he will be asking critics and audiences....

• Haha 2

Lucilla is returning!  Connie Nielsen is back to play the wise and brave daughter of Marcus Aurelius.

Connie-Nielsen.jpg?w=630&q=75

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Lucilla is returning!  Connie Nielsen is back to play the wise and brave daughter of Marcus Aurelius.

Connie-Nielsen.jpg?w=630&q=75

Okay, I'll watch.

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Okay, I'll watch.

Nielsen's presence gives the film more legitimacy, but I'm not fully convinced. 

I foresee nothing more than a regurgitation of the first film.  I hope I'm wrong.   

Edited by Principled Man

1 hour ago, Principled Man said:

Nielsen's presence gives the film a more legitimacy, but I'm not fully convinced. 

I foresee nothing more than a regurgitation of the first film.  I hope I'm wrong.   

It's not so much the character continuity that matters to me; I'd watch Connie Nielsen in anything. I'd watch her sit on a park bench or take a nap! Well, not since the court order, of course . . .

Seriously, surely there are _new_ ideas floating around, Ridley?

They should be f---ing paying me for the amount of questions I get asked about the f---ing film that I am not even in," he said, per The Hollywood Reporter. "I don't know anything about the cast. I don't know anything about the plot.

-- Russell Crowe

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

• Haha 1