Three years....

Jaminbenb

I bought a bottle of The Macallan 12 two years ago.  Toasted the Professor with reverence.   Not being a drinker of any kind of whiskey, I tried my best.  It took me forever to finish the bottle.  

As always, I just sigh and sadly smile from time to time.  Sure wish he were still here.  

• Like 3

My fiance just found this video on YouTube today. A few years old, it features one of the most popular musicians and songwriters (and a great bass player) in Finland, Anssi Kela, paying tribute to the Professor in 2020. In the description Kela writes in Finnish:

"Probably no other drummer has generated as much air drumming to the world as Neil Peart. And it is undeniable that without air drumming the world would be a much worse place. My tribute to the great master."

Rest in peace, Neil. :rose:

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Principled Man said:

I bought a bottle of The Macallan 12 two years ago.  Toasted the Professor with reverence.   Not being a drinker of any kind of whiskey, I tried my best.  It took me forever to finish the bottle.  

As always, I just sigh and sadly smile from time to time.  Sure wish he were still here.  

Not really a distilled spirits drinker by any stretch, but that's why I just grab the small bottle, and have one for him every year.

• Like 1

Neil's death marked the beginning of three years of hell for me.  The moment we learned he was gone was the moment my life started to fall apart.  I still haven't put it back together.

As long as I live, I will never forget that day.

Miss you, Neil...

edit: Just to be clear, Neil's death coincided with a bunch of other shit in my life, it wasn't the cause of the three years of hell.  It just inaugurated it in spectacular fashion.

Edited by Rush Didact

41 minutes ago, Rush Didact said:

Neil's death marked the beginning of three years of hell for me.  The moment we learned he was gone was the moment my life started to fall apart.  I still haven't put it back together.

Miss you, Neil...

I believe Neil would say to you:  Get out there and roll the bones!  Get busy!  Get out there and enjoy life in all its available light!    :thumbsup:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Principled Man said:

I believe Neil would say to you:  Get out there and roll the bones!  Get busy!  Get out there and enjoy life in all its available light!    :thumbsup:

Available Light took me to some amazing places...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Charlotte7598 said:

The last three years have been a time warp. I can't believe it's been this long already, it feels like just yesterday...:sad:

26 years since Carl Sagan passed away.  I still mourn him.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

26 years since Carl Sagan passed away.  I still mourn him.  

I will mourn Neil till the day I die as well. Not in the way that I dwell on it every day or let it impact my life, but ya know...I'll always remember the day that "Rush" died. I'm preparing myself for how I'll feel when Geddy/Alex die too.

As much as I read, I had never read any of Neil’s books, and I started doing that several weeks ago. It’s fun, and also cathartic. For the past week or two, I have been taking a break from it. But reading so much from his own mind is very comforting, in a way. Always positive, always looking forward. 

• Like 3

On 1/12/2023 at 2:24 PM, Laurabw said:

I was at the Bubba Bash with a bunch of other proggy Rush nerds. It was fun.

The special guests were great! Really glad to have experienced it. Kind of loosely followed the Taylor Hawkins tribute model.

• Like 2

Oh, so. Yes. The first set was just YYNOT. The second set was when they brought out all the guest artists.

The highlight for me was Jonathan Dinklage playing on Losing It.

I saw Kevin Anderson in the lobby. Brandon Dyke was there and we follow each other on Instagram but I never met him. We randomly met out on the street and he's a really nice guy.

John Wesley played guitar on Limelight and Tom Sawyer was fantastic. Seven Antonopoulos played Closer to the heart and Free will and he was really good too.

Then Mike Portnoy played on 2112 Overture and Syrinx and then La Villa and of course he was a monster.

Then a couple of them stayed after and signed autographs and stuff. unfortunately not Dinklage, Portnoy or Wesley but the other guys did.

No lines for the ladies room, LOL.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Laurabw said:

Oh, so. Yes. The first set was just YYNOT. The second set was when they brought out all the guest artists.

The highlight for me was Jonathan Dinklage playing on Losing It.

I saw Kevin Anderson in the lobby. Brandon Dyke was there and we follow each other on Instagram but I never met him. We randomly met out on the street and he's a really nice guy.

John Wesley played guitar on Limelight and Tom Sawyer was fantastic. Seven Antonopoulos played Closer to the heart and Free will and he was really good too.

Then Mike Portnoy played on 2112 Overture and Syrinx and then La Villa and of course he was a monster.

Then a couple of them stayed after and signed autographs and stuff. unfortunately not Dinklage, Portnoy or Wesley but the other guys did.

No lines for the ladies room, LOL.

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!

13 hours ago, Laurabw said:

• Like 2

On 1/6/2023 at 7:13 PM, Rush Didact said:

Miss you, Neil...

I feel you. I miss him so much, wish he was still here. :sad:

• Like 4