The Christmas YES question ---- Where do you have YES in your top bands ranking??

treeduck

Where do you have YES in your top bands ranking?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you have YES in your top bands ranking?

• I have them right at the top, numero uno baby!
    • For me they're a top 3 band
    • Top 5
    • Just outside the top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 12
    • Top 15
    • Just outside the top 15
    • Top 20
    • top 25
    • Outside the top 30
    • Outside the top 50
    • I don't rate them
    • I hate YES!
    • No idea
    • Cyclonus X-1 here, I have them at 8 in my top 10 but to hell with all that, I need a fire and a heating unit for my feet in these blizzard conditions!
    • Tony R here, I only rate the YES that existed in 1971 and 1972, that version is in my top 5 but every other version is outside my top 90.
    • Zepphead here, look I like YES and TULL and KISS but when it comes right down to what I think about when I'm trying to shoot my load it's Zeppelin all the way honey bear!
    • 73 here, YES aren't quite talented enough to peak my interest. I like a chord here, and an arpeggio there, and there and there are some decent intros. but I like much more complex music to be honest.
    • Earl Raymer here, I prefer DOKKEN and RATT, YES are down down deeper and down. Yes I prefer Status Quo as well!
    • My name is Becky "Blue For You" Blueschica. The Steelers just won, we steeled the game from the RAYYYYYdars! Sorry Earl!
    • Becky here again, I forgot to mention I have YES in my wank bank file, mostly Steve Howe, before he turned into the Crypt Master!
    • Oh yeah Becky again I've got them in my top 30

Top 20, but era specific,  TYE-TFTO  Saw them live while they were touring after Tales came out, they looked and sounded bored af.   Then out came Relayer, and I have was done.  Picked up 90125 as an afterthought, it was OK, but that was it.

Somewhere in the 12-18 range; the things l like, I like a lot (shoutout to "Starship Trooper"!), but the things I don't like are just music to fall asleep to. (Not into the 78-80 stuff, and pretty much anything after Big Generator).

• Like 1

On 12/25/2022 at 11:39 AM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Highly, but I'm not really sure how highly.

Gave up on them around 2003 even before Anderson left.. Love most of the the rest including Anderson, Bruford Wakeman and Howe.

On 12/26/2022 at 3:35 PM, Nova Carmina said:

Somewhere in the 12-18 range; the things l like, I like a lot (shoutout to "Starship Trooper"!), but the things I don't like are just music to fall asleep to. (Not into the 78-80 stuff, and pretty much anything after Big Generator).

Ditto 👍:yes:

• Like 1

Checked the "Instagrams" for the first time in 6-odd months today. First post I see, featuring a familiar logo... "Hear the 1st track from the bands forthcoming album this Friday March 10th". 

One relevant comment said "I'll bite but only if the album is named 'Ship of Theseus'"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ST3V said:

Checked the "Instagrams" for the first time in 6-odd months today. First post I see, featuring a familiar logo... "Hear the 1st track from the bands forthcoming album this Friday March 10th". 

One relevant comment said "I'll bite but only if the album is named 'Ship of Theseus'"

It’s just not Yes anymore. Anderson and Wakeman having tea together has more rights to the name than the incarnation that’s currently using it.

• Like 1