CHRISTMAS Shopping !

Saint NIck

Hi Friends, 

For those of us who celebrate this Holiday, what's y'all's status on shopping. I haven't started; I've got nephews at 19, 17, 14 & the youngest at 5; and his baby sister at 1. 

When we had Toys 'r' Us, I'd take the 3 older ones on a $100 each shopping spree. It was so cool; they'd each grab a cart & roll.

Now, pretty much cash/gift cards.

With the two little ones, a different toy store; and probably Walmart.

Y'all know, what a RUSH of a feeling.

• Like 1

Done with the shopping. Or, rather, more accurately, She Who Must Be Obeyed is done with the shopping, and I am done with the driving and the wrapping.

I still have some stocking stuffer things to grab.

Anyone got a good suggestion for a $20 gift beginning with the letter "F"? (and in-laws suitable!)

Relationship question: my wife and I agreed not to buy each other presents; am I an idiot for falling for that? Should I go ahead and get the thing I was planning on getting, just in case?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

Relationship question: my wife and I agreed not to buy each other presents; am I an idiot for falling for that? Should I go ahead and get the thing I was planning on getting, just in case?

I believe you answered your own question

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My wife and I decided a few years ago to not get presents for each other except for our anniversary and maybe something small for birthdays. It seems to be working and you don't have to worry about getting something the other person will like. We do get a nice prime rib roast and cook that for Christmas dinner and that works out for both of us. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Done with the shopping. Or, rather, more accurately, She Who Must Be Obeyed is done with the shopping, and I am done with the driving and the wrapping.

I still have some stocking stuffer things to grab.

Anyone got a good suggestion for a $20 gift beginning with the letter "F"? (and in-laws suitable!)

Harry and David fruit basket? Might be a bit more than 20.00 though. Frames for some nice photos they have? Fine wine or fine chocolate? (OK the last is a stretch . . .)

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Fordgalaxy said:

My wife and I decided a few years ago to not get presents for each other except for our anniversary and maybe something small for birthdays. It seems to be working and you don't have to worry about getting something the other person will like. We do get a nice prime rib roast and cook that for Christmas dinner and that works out for both of us. 

The wife and I got our roast today at the market!  :cheers:

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

For the last ten years or so, my wife has made me agree not to buy her presents. So, what I do instead is to help others buy her presents. Last year Nancy Sinatra got her a pair of boots and Carol Baskin got her a nice tiger print Minky blanket.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I hate Christmas with a passion but force myself to go along with the nonsense so as to appease family.....I have as little to do with the present malarkey as I possibly can though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/16/2022 at 3:09 AM, Fridge said:

I hate Christmas with a passion but force myself to go along with the nonsense so as to appease family.....I have as little to do with the present malarkey as I possibly can though.

I went out with the wife to do some shopping, mostly for the kids but also for each other.  In this day and age the gifting side of Christmas seems a bit silly as none of us really needs anything, an when a need arises, we just get it then.  Getting our daughter a new oven and our son some ski boots were major purchases, plus we got a them bunch of fun stuff from World Market.

• Like 2

If giving is a chore then you aren't doing it right. It should be something you want to do. The point is to think of others and their needs. It also shouldn't be confined to Christmas time, but Christmas is a great time to reflect on how you can better serve others. 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 11:22 AM, Saint NIck said:

Hi Friends, 

For those of us who celebrate this Holiday, what's y'all's status on shopping. I haven't started; I've got nephews at 19, 17, 14 & the youngest at 5; and his baby sister at 1. 

When we had Toys 'r' Us, I'd take the 3 older ones on a $100 each shopping spree. It was so cool; they'd each grab a cart & roll.

Now, pretty much cash/gift cards.

With the two little ones, a different toy store; and probably Walmart.

Y'all know, what a RUSH of a feeling.

I did all of my shopping online. They can keep those "Christmas Rush" crowds! I just no longer feel like dealing with those.

• Like 2

For Christmas shopping, and since two weeks ago, I've been finished it including wrapped the Christmas' gifts.  I've only had my parents to buy.  When Christmas shopping for them, I bought from stores in person, and purchased on-line at store's websites.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

clone.jpgI got the Lad a set of Fischer Ranger 99 skis to go with his boots.  He's grown six inches or more and gained 40 lbs since his last pair of new skis, so it was time. 

• Like 1