3. The Alphabet Of Me 5:34 
4. Sempiternal Beings 8:24 
5. Beneath The White Rainbow 6:45 
6. Island In The Clouds 5:46 
7. Lovebite 3:49 
8. Elephants Never Forget 11:07 
9. Eyes Of Ebony 8:32

• Like 6

So so so excited. The album art is definitely awaesome.

Nightingale's a fantastic song.

Alphabet of Me is very different. No idea what to expect with this album except that it might be coming back up a bit from the darkness of Vector/Virus based on the two songs we've heard.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2022 at 12:24 PM, treeduck said:

The average price is about $938.

Just checked, an hour after you posted it dipped to $0.73 then turned negative (yes, the owner pays YOU to take it off their hands).  Digital contagion dontcha know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, The Analog Cub said:

Elephants Never Forget sounds like it came off of Aquarius. Has the right amount of silly

I had to check the time on that song a couple of times on my first listen. The goodness kept going and I thought to myself "this isn't the same song still, right? Oh shit, it is"

Another excellent album from them.

• Like 1

This really might be their best album. It's unique in so many ways for them but unmistakably Haken. I loved Virus and Affinity but this is even better. It took of all of the good qualities from Visions, The Mountain, and Affinity, but kept a lot of the heavy flavor they used in Virus to excellent effect.

7 hours ago, spaceaudity11 said:

I think I need to listen to it again. Like with the singles, some songs hit right away, and some need time to marinate in my mind.

I'm through the album probably 10 times and still feel this way.  lol  I mostly ignored the prereleases, wanted to get equally acquainted to all the tracks at the same time.  There's a lot here to digest, musically and lyrically dense material.  But I'm liking it.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 9:03 AM, The Analog Cub said:

Elephants Never Forget sounds like it came off of Aquarius. Has the right amount of silly

I can hear the Aquarius similarities.

I saw Haken live yesterday, on their "An Evening With" tour. A three-hour prog extravaganza where they played Fauna in full and songs from all their other albums, including the title track of Visions. Insanely good!

I did the meet and greet too, and they were on board with my idea for a pic - to do a spoof of Van Halen in the Hot for Teacher video:

No description available.

• Like 2

Now that the dust has settled I think this might be my least favorite Haken album. It's a shame too because I wanted to love it, the 5 singles they chose are all great and had me very excited, but the rest of the album simply doesn't hold up. Sempiternal Beings and Island In The Clouds are decent... Could have been an EP instead, I guess :P 

I think Henshall is the compositional genius of the band, listening to the band members individual solo efforts really solidified this belief of mine - The Cocoon is as good as peak Haken :)