POLL: Are You Experienced vs. Led Zeppelin?

Texas King

POLL: Are You Experienced vs. Led Zeppelin?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Experienced vs. Led Zeppelin?

• Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced
    • Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin

Hendrix on this count. Zep's debut has a few less flattering moments on it.  AYE is just pleasant to me every track all the way through.

• Like 2

For my money LZ I is one of the most thunderous and propulsive debut albums in rock music history. The light, the shade, the reach slightly exceeding the grasp; it's one of my favorites, full stop.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, treeduck said:

What happened? Let's hear the story! :popcorn:

Nothing very dramatic i'm afraid .... I was 11 years old when I heard the album. I knew immediately that the sound of the electric guitar would be central to my 

life from that point on. This album was the catalyst for my love of rock music. What I didn't realise was that in a years time Jimi would no longer be with us.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zepphead said:

Nothing very dramatic i'm afraid .... I was 11 years old when I heard the album. I knew immediately that the sound of the electric guitar would be central to my 

life from that point on. This album was the catalyst for my love of rock music. What I didn't realise was that in a years time Jimi would no longer be with us.

So it was way back in 1969! I was a mere toddler at that point, barely 2 years old. 

• Like 1

Just now, treeduck said:

So it was way back in 1969! I was a mere toddler at that point, barely 2 years old. 

Yeah .... I am an old codger! :old:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zepphead said:

Yeah .... I am an old codger! :old:

ZH .. you are still young by today’s standards … remember there are many, many artists 15/20 years older than you still touring 🙂

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

ZH .. you are still young by today’s standards … remember there are many, many artists 15/20 years older than you still touring 🙂

Indeed! There is life in the old dog yet!!

• Like 3