Kirstie Alley (1951-2022)

Principled Man

Kirstie Alley, who won an Emmy for her role on “Cheers” and starred in films including “Look Who’s Talking,” died Monday. She was 71.

Alley died of cancer that was only recently discovered, her children True and Lillie Parker said in a post on Twitter. Alley’s manager Donovan Daughtry confirmed the death in an email to The Associated Press.

“As iconic as she was on screen, she was an even more amazing mother and grandmother,” her children’s statement said.

She starred opposite Ted Danson as Rebecca Howe on “Cheers,” the beloved NBC sitcom about a Boston bar, from 1987 to 1993. She joined the show at the height of its popularity after the departure of original star Shelley Long.

Alley would win an Emmy for best lead actress in a comedy series for the role in 1991.

Summer School is an underrated comedy.

D7JhtH8.gif

Not gonna lie that my feelings are mixed and I'm just talking about Scientology since I was in a religious cult for social reasons so I know what Leah Remini is talking about from personal experience after watching that Going Clear documentary on HBO.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

She was great in Cheers.        Kristie was a great actress   in many parts.  R.I.P.  Kristie.    She even owned a home here in Maine.  ♥            

Edited by Chicken hawk

Kirstie Alley will always be Lt. Saavik to me.  
She totally nailed the role in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.  

03f6ce43d7546e18626df237c5452e74--kirsti

• Like 2

A very funny lady.  I lived her in Cheers, especially in her early episodes when she played the stronger, smarter role.

And yes, she was great as Saavik

:rose:

• Like 1