Popular Bands You Don't Care For

Mr. Not

On 12/4/2022 at 8:31 PM, bluefox4000 said:

I'll get ENDLESS shit for this but.........Queensryche.

now.......let's not start with "but there's talent there"...............................................NO SHIT SHERLOCK!!!!!  i'm not denying any of that.  nor willi ever do so.  that is not a debate.

but.........i can't stand Geoff Tate's voice.  his endless warbling does me in.

And i know......they made the best concept record ever!!!!!!!!!  yay?  i'll get the champagne?

i don't pay attention to concepts in albums.

That's probably my biggest one people will not like.

:biggrin:

Mick

I like them to a point. Your Doors comment, yeah, I get it. I try not to let a band member's persona get in the way of the music, but, damn. Took me a long time to get past Jim's behavior to appreciate some of the music for what it is. I finally have their last two albums. I do hate their vaudeville,  straw boater and cane BS.

Other that Beautiful Day by U2, just no. Don't  care.

The Grateful Dead. Someone recommended Live In Europe '72. Three records of this s**t. Got tired of hearing Jerry Garcia trying to find some certain note. Guess you'd have to be stoned AF to not to be able to turn it off and end up listening to the whole thing.

It's interesting seeing what I physically look like people 30 and under will ask me all kinds of questions about Michael Jackson. They find out I graduated high school in the middle of the '80's and automatically think everyone was into him.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 10:19 PM, Segue Myles said:

I LOVE THAT SONG

Whenever that song was being played, I would tell Karen our three cats could yowl better than Celine could sing.

On 12/5/2022 at 5:26 AM, Fridge said:

Completely agree with you...the only reason they get any attention imo is that Hale has an undeniably great voice.

However their music is cheesy, derivative and has terrible lyrics

It's the reason they do a plethora of covers, because they can't write any decent songs of their own.

ALEstorm on the other hand...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ST3V said:

ALEstorm on the other hand...

FUNFUNFUN

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Texas King said:

Are My Bloody Valentine any better than Sonic Youth? 

To me both are unquestionably great...I can't believe in anything other than this!

7 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Sonic Youth is popular? I thought they were a mildly successful band with a really vocal but smaller fan base that most people didn't really care about.

They are a big name when it comes to underground or non-mainstream rock music. Same with bands as Velvet Underground, The Stooges,  Joy Division or Pixies.

• Like 1

The beach Boys

i remember last year i did a little run of the first 5 or so albums and hits aside.  Those early BB albums are some of the worst albums i think i've ever heard.

and Pet sounds?  big deal.

Mick

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

The beach Boys

i remember last year i did a little run of the first 5 or so albums and hits aside.  Those early BB albums are some of the worst albums i think i've ever heard.

Mick

PET SOUNDS IS PERFECTION 

2 hours ago, Texas King said:

They are a big name when it comes to underground or non-mainstream rock music. Same with bands as Velvet Underground, The Stooges,  Joy Division or Pixies.

They became bigger in the 90s when bands that were influenced by them broke through.  100 Percent and Bull in the Heather got a lot of airplay on alt rock radio and MTV.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

and last time you played it you told me you nodded off:yes::laugh:

Mick

Well yes but that doesn't account from the rest of my time growing up with it and loving it. Not being in the mood for it doesn't take away it's brilliance.

Right now, I'd think the Beatles were shite 🤣

Spock's Beard 

Oh wait, they aren't popular.

🤣

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Madonna.....oh wait this is popular not out of touch old mattresses:laugh2:

Mick

I'm not a fan of her, just like her eighties run. She lost my interest years ago 🤣

14 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

The beach Boys

Mick

I never heard of Pet Sounds until I joined here. I was also unaware before joining here that anybody discussed the Beach Boys in any sort of serious way.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I never heard of Pet Sounds until I joined here. I was also unaware before joining here that anybody discussed the Beach Boys in any sort of serious way.

why would anybody discuss them:laugh:

Seriously i've been a music fan 37 never ran into a Beach Boys in depth talk......not once....ever.

Mick

27 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

why would anybody discuss them:laugh:

Seriously i've been a music fan 37 never ran into a Beach Boys in depth talk......not once....ever.

Mick

I just remember seeing talk about Pet Sounds on here before.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I just remember seeing talk about Pet Sounds on here before.

It's been regarded as a classic for literal decades. It's influence is incredible.

But like everything in life, it's not for everyone.

3 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

It's been regarded as a classic for literal decades. It's influence is incredible.

But like everything in life, it's not for everyone.

What made the album so influential? As I said, never seen or heard it talked about anywhere else.