Popular Bands You Don't Care For

Mr. Not

I’ll say this purely negative about MGK though: this will be a contender the worst album cover of the decade.

machine-gun-kelly-mainstream-sellout-alb

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Because I can’t think of anything else! :laugh:

boy i admire you......you generally seem to like most things.

I as you have learned am a sarcastic bitter hateful New Yorker and will let you know what sucks without you asking.:laugh:

nah i say that but i'm a big fluffy marshmallow.

Mick

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

boy i admire you......you generally seem to like most things.

I as you have learned am a sarcastic bitter hateful New Yorker and will let you know what sucks without you asking.:laugh:

nah i say that but i'm a big fluffy marshmallow.

Mick

Lol, oh you may be sarcastic but it’s endearing. I always look forward to reading what you and Segue have been listening to because you guys go down so many different rabbit holes and always have really well thought out perspectives about so many different kinds of music.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I didn't become a fan until Halford returned in 2004. I just went by the songs the radio played. I didn't hear anything special with those and thought they were pretty standard metal radio singles. I still think that now even though they have become one of my all time favorites. My friend kept telling me to buy the Metal Works compilation so I could hear a better range of songs. After that I was a fan.

Exactly my reaction. I didn't really get into them until around Firepower came out. Someone recommended me Sin After Sin and honestly? That may still bey favourite album (not saying it's their best, that for me changes on the day). It was really good to try an album with no recognisable songs.

I used to really dislike British Steel for the overplayed songs, but I'm at a point now where I can appreciate the hits for what they are, and the deep cuts even more.

2 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I guess stuff commonly referred to as “butt rock,” specifically of the late 90s and early 00s variety, usually is a turn off for me. The Nickelbacks of the world if you will.

However, I do know one Nickelback song I genuinely like: How You Remind Me. It’s got a really effective chorus that builds in intensity in an interesting and cathartic way, and iirc the guitar part is actually pretty cool. It all goes down the toilet after that for me though. 

I love that song.

• Like 1

Nickelback

Genesis

Pink Floyd

Dream Theater

The Beatles

Any of those modern, wimpy hipster pish outfits like Mumford and Sons and Ed Sheeran

Halestorm

Most modern mental bands who rely on downtuning to sound heavy

Edited by Fridge
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fridge said:

Nickelback

Genesis

Pink Floyd

Dream Theater

The Beatles

Any of those modern, wimpy hipster pish outfits like Mumford and Sons and Ed Sheeran

Halestorm

Nickelback and Genesis right next to each other? Ah man Fridge that’s cold as ice! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Fridge said:

Nickelback

Genesis

Pink Floyd

Dream Theater

The Beatles

Halestorm

Dream Theater and Genesis?? Breaking my heart dude. </3

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ReRushed said:

Queen

I can take or leave them, but I used to vehemently hate them.

I no longer race to turn the music off when it comes on the radio, but I also am not rushing to collect their works either.

• Like 1

Also:

Halestorm (I really dislike the music but every time I see a picture of the lead singer with her mouth wide open posing like she's a hard bitch I roll my eyes so far back I go blind. If I was to go blind and read her name in braille, it would prompt me to burn my fingertips off.)

Heart (I get they are 100% my taste but oddly I find them really, really boring)

Arch Enemy post- Angela Gossow (not bad, just not exciting to me)

AC/DC (this could change in time. Doubt it though)

Rolling Stones (I love their singles, albums tend to bore me)

Janet Jackson (some good songs, but not huge on her albums, though I respect her a lot)

Prince (incredibly talented, music sadly leaves me cold. Like Janet, I respect his power. As an ex-Jehovahs Witness, he makes me angry) 

Fates Warning (boring as f**k, and the vocals are insanely bad, which is one aspect of rock and metal I am usually to be found super forgiving for)

Celine Dion (huge Mariah Carey fan here, I feel I should love Celine but I don't. I connect to Mariah for her songwriting. A lot of people don't realise what a clever, deeply personal and soulful lyricist she is. I don't know how much of Celine's music is her own writing, but it doesn't matter, it annoys me)

Van Halen (great playing, not one song I like) 

Genesis (Meh-nesis)

Marillion (Meh-rillion)

Pink Floyd (too dull for words)

Sex Pistols (Shit Pistols)

Ramones (Green Day do it better. Suck my ass if you disagree)

The Runaways (and solo Lita Ford) (not hate, just indifference) 

I wanted to say Anthrax but I'm about to revisit them and I'm nervous I might eat my words 🤣

• Like 1

Oh and Def Leppard. 

Night Ranger do it better.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Oh and Def Leppard. 

Night Ranger do it better.

And I totally feel you regarding Stones albums., though the hit singles are not only numerous, but brilliant

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goose said:

And I totally feel you regarding Stones albums., though the hit singles are not only numerous, but brilliant

Absolutely! 

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

Also:

Halestorm (I really dislike the music but every time I see a picture of the lead singer with her mouth wide open posing like she's a hard bitch I roll my eyes so far back I go blind. If I was to go blind and read her name in braille, it would prompt me to burn my fingertips off.)

Heart (I get they are 100% my taste but oddly I find them really, really boring)

Arch Enemy post- Angela Gossow (not bad, just not exciting to me)

AC/DC (this could change in time. Doubt it though)

Rolling Stones (I love their singles, albums tend to bore me)

Janet Jackson (some good songs, but not huge on her albums, though I respect her a lot)

Prince (incredibly talented, music sadly leaves me cold. Like Janet, I respect his power. As an ex-Jehovahs Witness, he makes me angry) 

Fates Warning (boring as f**k, and the vocals are insanely bad, which is one aspect of rock and metal I am usually to be found super forgiving for)

Celine Dion (huge Mariah Carey fan here, I feel I should love Celine but I don't. I connect to Mariah for her songwriting. A lot of people don't realise what a clever, deeply personal and soulful lyricist she is. I don't know how much of Celine's music is her own writing, but it doesn't matter, it annoys me)

Van Halen (great playing, not one song I like) 

Genesis (Meh-nesis)

Marillion (Meh-rillion)

Pink Floyd (too dull for words)

Sex Pistols (Shit Pistols)

Ramones (Green Day do it better. Suck my ass if you disagree)

The Runaways (and solo Lita Ford) (not hate, just indifference) 

I wanted to say Anthrax but I'm about to revisit them and I'm nervous I might eat my words 🤣

Some of these definitely triggered me. Massive respect though.

1 minute ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Some of these definitely triggered me. Massive respect though.

Sorry 🤣 

I know how much you love Celine Dion

• Like 1

Bruce Springsteen (I've tried and tried and tried and I just can't get into him. I do like Nebraska but that's about it)

Kiss (For a lot of the reasons people said. Alive and Destroyer are fine).

U2 (Impossibly dull)

Jeff Beck (He has a couple fabulous records in the 70s but he's otherwise extremely dull. Saw him a few years ago and the highlight of the show was a cover of the Beatles)

The Clash (A few decent hits but otherwise nothing I ever feel like listening to again)

Eric Clapton (Total waste of time after Derek & the Dominoes. It's just safe sanitized blues for old white people. Absolutely no grit and no balls)

The Police

Dream Theater (I like some of their earlier stuff but I just can't get excited for their music. James LaBrie is just too much of an acquired taste. Which is odd considering a lot of the other bad singers I like. I probably find his most interesting thing to be the Ayreon album he did in the early 2000s).

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 2

Just now, Union 5-3992 said:

You got me. I've worn this shirt to a few metal shows:

Amazon.com: Celine Dion My Heart Will Go On Death Metal Style T-Shirt,  Funny Rock Tee (S) Black : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry

I LOVE THAT SONG

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Bruce Springsteen (I've tried and tried and tried and I just can't get into him. I do like Nebraska but that's about it)

Kiss (For a lot of the reasons people said. Alive and Destroyer are fine).

U2 (Impossibly dull)

Jeff Beck (He has a couple fabulous records in the 70s but he's otherwise extremely dull. Saw him a few years ago and the highlight of the show was a cover of the Beatles)

The Clash (A few decent hits but otherwise nothing I ever feel like listening to again)

Eric Clapton (Total waste of time after Derek & the Dominoes. It's just safe sanitized blues for old white people. Absolutely no grit and no balls)

The Police

Dream Theater (I like some of their earlier stuff but I just can't get excited for their music. James LaBrie is just too much of an acquired taste. Which is odd considering a lot of the other bad singers I like. I probably find his most interesting thing to be the Ayreon album he did in the early 2000s).

I have a weird time with DT. Love them in my own way but I don't regard them truly as one of the greats. 

Just now, Segue Myles said:

I have a weird time with DT. Love them in my own way but I don't regard them truly as one of the greats. 

Says the guy who will absolutely obsess over them when he's in the mood.