Popular Bands You Don't Care For

Mr. Not

3 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

I've never gotten Judas Priest, really. Some songs, yes, but whole albums' worth of songs, no. I dunno why; just much of a muchness.

I used to feel that way. 

15 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I used to feel that way. 

I didn't become a fan until Halford returned in 2004. I just went by the songs the radio played. I didn't hear anything special with those and thought they were pretty standard metal radio singles. I still think that now even though they have become one of my all time favorites. My friend kept telling me to buy the Metal Works compilation so I could hear a better range of songs. After that I was a fan.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

Just now, Charlotte7598 said:

I don't go out of my way to listen to The Beatles much either. They wrote some stuff I like but there are many superior bands out there imo.

well, at least it took up until page 3 for them to be mentioned. that's a fair position to take though, and i kind of agree. im very neutral on the beatles hold a few songs which i think are irreplicable. their influence matters more, it seems like every band from the 70's/90's were directly inspired by them. 

• Like 1

Most 60s bands. I like some 60s The Who, Court of the Crimson King, CCR. From what Ive heard thats pretty much it. Never really liked Psychedelic or Folk

• Like 1

i think honestly it's fair to list The Beatles.  I mean from the moment your born you're just told how GREAT AND AMAZING AND THEY ARE THE BE ALL END ALL OF POPULAR MUSIC FOREVER AND EVER!!!!!!! It's literally installed into your brain.

and they did change the game but at the end of the day........they're just songs:laugh: and i say this as a big fan.

Mick

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ST3V said:

Most 60s bands. I like some 60s The Who, Court of the Crimson King, CCR. From what Ive heard thats pretty much it. Never really liked Psychedelic or Folk

60's rock is a weird time.

the Who is just a weird ass band to get so popular.  i like them but man you'd think they saved the world according to a lot on TRF.

Mick

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

60's rock is a weird time.

the Who is just a weird ass band to get so popular.  i like them but man you'd think they saved the world according to a lot on TRF.

Mick

They did save the world! Without The Who we’d all be in a rat race for Pinball championship victories, day in and day out, nothing but pinball for all of society! If it weren’t for Tommy, who was so good at Pinball he could beat your best without looking, hearing, or thinking much about it, we’d be practically tied to the machines. We all had to give up the dream in his wake, and I think we’re better off for it.

unless I’ve been fooled again…

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Speaking of Psych/weird 60's rock rock.

the Doors.  Psychedelic noodling over a drunk/high Madman's "poetry"  that's what i call riveting:puke:and if your nice to him.....he'll piss on you......look it up, lol

Mick

• Like 2

Bands I Hate:

Staind

Kid Rock

Five Finger Death Punch

Imagine Dragons

Machine Gun Kelly

Black Veil Brides

Simple Plan

Marilyn Manson

Edited by _hi_water._
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

i think honestly it's fair to list The Beatles.  I mean from the moment your born you're just told how GREAT AND AMAZING AND THEY ARE THE BE ALL END ALL OF POPULAR MUSIC FOREVER AND EVER!!!!!!! It's literally installed into your brain.

and they did change the game but at the end of the day........they're just songs:laugh: and i say this as a big fan.

Mick

Thank goodness, I thought everyone here was gonna hate me for listing them! I was waiting here like..:bolt:

Also, another one that comes to mind for me is Nickelback.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, _hi_water._ said:

Bands I Hate:

Staind

Kid Rock

Five Finger Death Punch

Imagine Dragons

Machine Gun Kelly

Black Veil Brides

Simple Plan

Marilyn Manson

at this point i feel like i should have disclosed that pop bands don't necessarily count.

find someone on here who's a fan of Machine Gun Kelly and then i'll be surprised. no one likes that shit.

• Like 2

Just now, Mr. Not said:

at this point i feel like i should have disclosed that pop bands don't necessarily count.

find someone on here who's a fan of Machine Gun Kelly and then i'll be surprised. no one likes that shit.

I kind of did that list based on personal experiences rather than basing it off of TRF

• Like 1

Just now, _hi_water._ said:

I kind of did that list based on personal experiences rather than basing it off of TRF

fair enough. everyone should know MGK sucks though, it should be made obvious. he's just some guy who's famous, music is secondary. my little brother loves him because he did nothing but hip hop albums up until he did a rock album with travis scott. anyone can do that. he says he's "revived rock". 

send help.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Not said:

fair enough. everyone should know MGK sucks though, it should be made obvious. he's just some guy who's famous, music is secondary. my little brother loves him because he did nothing but hip hop albums up until he did a rock album with travis scott. anyone can do that. he says he's "revived rock". 

send help.

A lot of people who I am around with irl love Kid Rock and MGK. I recall a conversation when a guy looked at my shirt and I looked at his:

"Is that a Rush shirt?"

"Yeah...?"

"Rush sucks"

*looks over* "Kiddie Rock sucks"

"He's more talented than Rush!"

:facepalm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Not said:

send help.

MGK is kinda fascinating. Despite the most vocal fans of pop punk really disliking his take on the style, Travis Barker (not Travis Scott) really believes in him as a force that can help bring pop punk back to into the mainstream pop sphere as a viable commercial and artistic endeavor. I do know one credible reviewer who really likes his album Tickets To My Downfall, and believes it’s just the right kind of dumb mindless fun with a little bit of heart. Meanwhile, MGK seems intent on believing he’s the future of rock music and knows everything about how it needs to “come back,” but that ego generally manifests in a bad rock star attitude and picking fights with Corey Taylor (never a good idea) about fashion. I listened to one of his hip hop albums once with a friend of mine before he made the transition to rock. I thought it was alright.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

I've never gotten Judas Priest, really. Some songs, yes, but whole albums' worth of songs, no. I dunno why; just much of a muchness.

Did they catch you BREAKING THE LAW?

• Like 1

I guess stuff commonly referred to as “butt rock,” specifically of the late 90s and early 00s variety, usually is a turn off for me. The Nickelbacks of the world if you will.

However, I do know one Nickelback song I genuinely like: How You Remind Me. It’s got a really effective chorus that builds in intensity in an interesting and cathartic way, and iirc the guitar part is actually pretty cool. It all goes down the toilet after that for me though. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Not sure I would call Dream Theater popular. The majority of people don't know who they are. I thought this thread was supposed to be for more universally known bands.

Their “greatest hits” album is literally called “greatest hit… and 21 other pretty cool songs”

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I guess stuff commonly referred to as “butt rock,” specifically of the late 90s and early 00s variety, usually is a turn off for me. The Nickelbacks of the world if you will.

However, I do know one Nickelback song I genuinely like: How You Remind Me. It’s got a really effective chorus that builds in intensity in an interesting and cathartic way, and iirc the guitar part is actually pretty cool. It all goes down the toilet after that for me though. 

i didn't even mention them it's such a commnplace thing why bother to do it?

Mick

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

i didn't even mention them it's such a commnplace thing why bother to do it?

Mick

Because I can’t think of anything else! :laugh:

• Haha 1