Who likes Mustard?

Bahamas

The Guys have created a mustard with Henderson Brewery and Kozlik Mustard - RUSH Golden Ale Mustard.

Weird? Cool? I think it's cool. I do like their mustards, why not give this one a try?

It's not listed on the website (Hmmm...) but is listed on RUSH Backstage, and I have ordered from there lots so I think it's a real thing.

Alex offers a funny description of the science and significance of this new addition to the Kozlik category.

Rush Golden Ale Mustard

• Like 7

Different dishes, different mustards.  Plain yellow for hot dogs and sandwiches.  Publix has a stone ground Dijon mustard with that extra heft for bratwurst and other sausages. A mix of yellow and a bit of horseradish for a real jolt. A friend adds yellow mustard to the water and spices used for cooking corned beef, yum!

• Like 2

I think mustard is great for hot dogs, sandwiches, sausages, and I'm sure some other things I'm not thinking of. Definitely a good condiment. I wanted to order the beer that Ged and Alex made as well, but I don't know if they're shipping to the US or not.

• Like 1

For me it is Colmans English Mustard... A bit of kick to it... Not like some of the wishy washy US stuff. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, zepphead said:

For me it is Colmans English Mustard... A bit of kick to it... Not like some of the wishy washy US stuff. 

I like Colman's too. But, mustards like Colmans are a completely different thing from American mustard like French's. Yellow, or "American", mustard is more super tangy and vinegary (and way too yellow) and pretty much meant to be mainly a condiment for stuff like hamburgers, hot dogs, sandwiches and stuff. I'd use Colmans in a recipe. I would NOT use French's yellow in a recipe.

• Like 3

I love mustard, but don't go anywhere near Burman's Dijon mustard made with white wine. My wife bought it and it's like eating acid. I always go for the creamy stuff. Much more tasty. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sullysue said:

I like Colman's too. But, mustards like Colmans are a completely different thing from American mustard like French's. Yellow, or "American", mustard is more super tangy and vinegary (and way too yellow) and pretty much meant to be mainly a condiment for stuff like hamburgers, hot dogs, sandwiches and stuff. I'd use Colmans in a recipe. I would NOT use French's yellow in a recipe.

I guess you are right. Being from the UK I kinda associate Mustard with the Colman's style whereas you guys Stateside would associate more with the milder US style mustards. All about what we are familiar with I suppose. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zepphead said:

I guess you are right. Being from the UK I kinda associate Mustard with the Colman's style whereas you guys Stateside would associate more with the milder US style mustards. All about what we are familiar with I suppose. 

Never tried Colmans prepared mustard, but have used the mustard powder in a number of dressings and sauces.  Joe's Stone Crab in Miami Beach uses the powder as an ingredient in the mayo based sauce which accompanies its signature shellfish.

• Like 2

While I appreciate mustard in general, all varieties of mustard suite me for the most part.  But I much prefer `the mustard that Al and Ged apply to their instruments when playing.  :alex:   :geddy:

• Like 1

Because Rush Backstage does not send food products outside the U.S. and Kozlik's does not show the product (?), we ordered directly from Henderson Brewery.

Mustard-pic-of-Rush-Kozlik-s-new-product

It really is a nice mustard. Not too sharp or too sweet - and it might be a tasting imagination, but there does seem to be a different angle to the taste. Not a hops or beer flavour, but a smooth taste that suggests you could use it on almost anything. And I now realise, over 19 albums the guys covered a lot of different sounds and musical influences. Perhaps that is exactly what the mustard is supposed to inspire?

Very yummy mustard!

• Like 1