New Metallica Album Announced (72 Seasons)

Union 5-3992

On 12/2/2022 at 8:11 PM, 78jazz said:

I am fine with that...depending on price.

Prices aren't too bad. But you can only re-sell both nights, too. So it's a big commitment, but I guess that's not an issue for a lot of fans. I like them but it's a long way off yet, and I just want one show.

3 hours ago, Laurabw said:

Prices aren't too bad. But you can only re-sell both nights, too. So it's a big commitment, but I guess that's not an issue for a lot of fans. I like them but it's a long way off yet, and I just want one show.

"I believe"  single tickets go on sale Jan 20th.  

Phish never repeat songs when the play a venue multiple days.   Just sayin' that Metallica's No Repeat Weekend is nothing special.

Phish did play MSG 13 nights back in 2017.  Oh, Phish have ( last I counted ) 300+ original songs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, custom55 said:

Phish never repeat songs when the play a venue multiple days.   Just sayin' that Metallica's No Repeat Weekend is nothing special.

Phish did play MSG 13 nights back in 2017.  Oh, Phish have ( last I counted ) 300+ original songs.

Well, it's special for Metallica and their fans because they've never done that on tour before.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

It should be pretty straightforward for Metallica to pull it off.  Start out with a basic A set and B set, and for each pair of shows maybe work in a couple of variations to each.

A1, B1

A2, B2

etc...

I think this is what they will do, so they can sell their live recordings and have each be unique.

Edited by grep

14 minutes ago, grep said:

It should be pretty straightforward for Metallica to pull it off.  Start out with a basic A set and B set, and for each pair of shows maybe work in a couple of variations to each.

A1, B1

A2, B2

etc...

I think this is what they will do, so they can sell their live recordings and have each be unique.

I remember during the Death Magnetic tour they rotated five or six songs each show. I think they still switch around two or three songs a set now. So, they're no strangers to changing songs around. Only this time it will be the whole show.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 3:35 AM, Union 5-3992 said:

The band really can't catch a break with album covers. At least this one is better than Hardwired's

It looks like Computer World by Kraftwerk but the computer got smashed into guitar and cot-shaped pieces. 

2 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

I dig this one a bit more than Lux. This record is shaping up to be decent. 

Lux took a handful of tries for me to really like it. This song I liked right away. Definitely another song that was made to be a single. Once again this sounds like something from Reload.

54 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Album comes out in less than 48 hours. I'm surprised it hasn't leaked.

That still happens today? People still look for that? Is it 2008 again and nobody told me?

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

That still happens today? People still look for that? Is it 2008 again and nobody told me?

Yeah. Every now and then an album can be found out on the open sea before it's release.

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

Is the Pirate Bay still up?

It was never really gone.

I do strongly suggest using a VPN if one wants to partake in some high seas treachery though.

Edited by grep
  • Like 2

I've listened to the album a few times. Not doing a lot for me, but the last three songs are solid. Especially the closer. Inamorata feels like one of the better songs off Load/ReLoad. It's the longest song on the album, but unlike the other tracks, it doesn't long overstay its welcome. 

10 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

I've listened to the album a few times. Not doing a lot for me, but the last three songs are solid. Especially the closer. Inamorata feels like one of the better songs off Load/ReLoad. It's the longest song on the album, but unlike the other tracks, it doesn't long overstay its welcome. 

I think the last song just goes on for too long. There is six minutes of music stretched to elven. They didn't write enough to make it an interesting epic. Kind of reminds me of how they dragged out the ending of Outlaw Torn for no reason. At least the main part of Outlaw Torn is good though. This album is Reload minus the songwriting variety.