New Metallica Album Announced (72 Seasons)

Union 5-3992

Metallica just announced a new album, 72 Seasons for  April 14, 2023

New Album... 72 Seasons! | Metallica.com

I dig the new single but doubt I'll end up returning to this track a much. It gives me the same feeling that Hardwired did. The band is trying to reconnect to their earlier sound but kind of missing. I'll still give the rest of the album a shot next year.

• Like 3

Interesting concept for this tour. They will be playing two shows in each city and both shows will have different setlists and openers. No repeat weekend they're calling it. They are also going to have discount tickets for fans under 16.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

Most Metallica album art has sucked since the black album.  I rarely listen to any of their newer albums.  I've become a "old Metallica = good Metallica" type codger.

In a vacuum, independent of them having ever recorded anything else, it's fine.

Edited by stoopid
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, stoopid said:

Most Metallica album art has sucked since the black album.  I rarely listen to any of their newer albums.  I've become a "old Metallica = good Metallica" type codger.

In a vacuum, independent of them having ever recorded anything else, it's fine.

Honestly I can't blame you. I do, however, LOVE Hardwired. And Load/Reload are bloated, messy albums with songs I absolutely adore as much as their greatest albums.

Ultimately, I only enjoy five albums start to finish. The first four and Hardwired.

The self-titled, DM and Load/Reload are all really good but I don't rate them highly.

But even my favourite Metallica is low on my list of favourite metal. I can honestly do without them, but I have mad respect for them and their legacy. Growing up in the nu-metal era, Metallica are too great to ever slate. Thank f**k generations of music fans know Master Of Puppets as a classic, as too many around me growing up were blasting shit like Follow The Leader.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Interesting concept for this tour. They will be playing two shows in each city and both shows will have different setlists and openers. No repeat weekend they're calling it. They are also going to have discount tickets for fans under 16.

It may be because they do not come to my city, but I will likely take the chance of seeing only one show.

3 hours ago, grep said:

Song is great.  Album art sucks. 

The first five albums are full great songs. So, you're saying it's on par with those? I don't hear it. This is a decent first single to give us a taste of the new album. Nothing more than that.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 78jazz said:

It may be because they do not come to my city, but I will likely take the chance of seeing only one show.

I believe I read there was the option to buy tickets for both shows at one time. I'm not sure of the cost. But if there's a deal to get tickets to both, I don't see why someone wouldn't take it if they could.

12 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

The first five albums are full great songs. So, you're saying it's on par with those? I don't hear it. This is a decent first single to give us a taste of the new album. Nothing more than that.

Agreed, it's no Atlas, Rise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

Which is your opinion , man.  I respect it.

I'm torn about this one, you have to get tickets for both shows and if you were to resell, it has to be both also. They say regular single show tickets will go on sale in January IF there are any left, I would think there would be. I saw them at the stadium about 5 years ago and it was great, but not sure I want to go to two shows this time around. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Laurabw said:

I'm torn about this one, you have to get tickets for both shows and if you were to resell, it has to be both also. They say regular single show tickets will go on sale in January IF there are any left, I would think there would be. I saw them at the stadium about 5 years ago and it was great, but not sure I want to go to two shows this time around. 

I saw one of their only stadium shows in the US this year. There were plenty of tickets left up until a month before the show.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

I saw one of their only stadium shows in the US this year. There were plenty of tickets left up until a month before the show.

I got better seats a week before the show than the ones I originally bought. But Buffalo is a smaller market than some of the bigger cities they'll be hitting so who knows how it will be elsewhere?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I got better seats a week before the show than the ones I originally bought. But Buffalo is a smaller market than some of the bigger cities they'll be hitting so who knows how it will be elsewhere?

I'd still be shocked if they sold out the 2 ticket packages before the singles go on sale in January.

• Like 1

It seems a tad risky. Though if it were Styx I wouldn't think twice and given what I saw on their fan club Forum yesterday it seems like a lot of people are all in. But it is a big stadium so I hope in Jan can get something for one of the nights.

On 11/29/2022 at 8:25 PM, J2112YYZ said:

I believe I read there was the option to buy tickets for both shows at one time. I'm not sure of the cost. But if there's a deal to get tickets to both, I don't see why someone wouldn't take it if they could.

I am fine with that...depending on price.