Jump to content

Bah, help me find the song!


Recommended Posts

Dang man, I used apps, Google and shit but I can't find it. It's some punk/new wave pub song shit. Some band like The Alarm but not The Alarm. Probably used in in some TV beer commercial.

 

Some lyrics: here's to you, here's to the...I don't know union docker workers or something.

 

Fvck man, what it is it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just for the record, I knew what it was right away!

 

It may be a bit obscure, but I love this song. I literally, not kidding, listen to this song every day, usually early on. Great message.

 

Good pick, man!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Contrary to what IbanezJem says about The Call, I actually saw them in concert at the University of Maryland back in 1989, and they played Let The Day Begin.

 

It was a very good show in a medium sized ballroom in the student union. The show was general admission, and my friend and I were standing just a couple of rows from the stage. 

 

Again, really good performance, and for having never heard of the band before, I've never forgotten seeing them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Maverick said:

Contrary to what IbanezJem says about The Call, I actually saw them in concert at the University of Maryland back in 1989, and they played Let The Day Begin.

 

It was a very good show in a medium sized ballroom in the student union. The show was general admission, and my friend and I were standing just a couple of rows from the stage. 

 

Again, really good performance, and for having never heard of the band before, I've never forgotten seeing them. 

I wasn`t being flippant though, I really had never heard of them. I see that they never got a single into the UK Top 40 and were active only in the late 80s... I did listen to chart music back then as a young teenager, but they never got to the radio over here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will always remember listening to a classic rock station one particular day.  The DJ was taking live requests on the air. 

 

No lie.....the DJ took a call from some dim-sounding guy who only said, "Hey, could you play that song where he's singing to that girl...."

 

There was a pause....(I imagined the DJ doing a huge facepalm)......and then the DJ replied, "Who is 'he' ?  What girl?  What are you talking about?"  The caller couldn't provide any more information....    :laugh:

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

I wasn`t being flippant though, I really had never heard of them. I see that they never got a single into the UK Top 40 and were active only in the late 80s... I did listen to chart music back then as a young teenager, but they never got to the radio over here.

I'd never heard of them before I went to that show, and I've barely heard of them since.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Principled Man said:

I will always remember listening to a classic rock station one particular day.  The DJ was taking live requests on the air. 

 

No lie.....the DJ took a call from some dim-sounding guy who only said, "Hey, could you play that song where he's singing to that girl...."

 

There was a pause....(I imagined the DJ doing a huge facepalm)......and then the DJ replied, "Who is 'he' ?  What girl?  What are you talking about?"  The caller couldn't provide any more information....    :laugh:

 

Fortunately, I was able to provide some partial lyrics!

Quote

Some lyrics: here's to you, here's to the...I don't know union docker workers or something.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The lead singer's son was a member of the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, and they did a cover of "Let The Day Begin" that's cool in its own way, but a bit too downbeat to match the energy and spirit of the original.

 

RIP to that lead singer, btw . . .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, dream & vapour said:

The Call enjoyed some respectable airtime on the good ol' AOR station in my neck of the woods back in the day.  'Everywhere I Go' and 'I Still Believe' reside on my workout iPod.

I still Believe is a great song, probably their best.

 

Interesting how they got so much airplay, only to be relatively forgotten. You couldn't get away from Let The Day Begin at the time.

 

But the preceding album with I Still Believe is the better album

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, goose said:

The Walls Came Down got a lot of airplay

 

It's on the YouTube of course

I don't think there are any Russians
And there ain't no Yanks
Just corporate criminals
Playin' with tanks
Ya ya ya ya ya ya
Ya ya ya ya ya ya
Ya ya ya ya ya ya
Ya ya ya ya ya ya
Ya ya ya ya ya ya
Woof woof
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2022 at 4:36 PM, Mr. Not said:

if you ever want a little challenge, try to name 10 bands you like better than The Call

...that start with C?

 

:laugh:

Edited by goose
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...