New TfE Live Album in the works?

TheHonestMan

About 2 months ago I stumbled across some live tracks from a Test for Echo concert that were uploaded (but still remain unlisted) by Rush's official youtube page. Because these vids are unlisted they won't appear when you go to Rush's youtube channel, but you can still find them through google/youtube searches. Based on the date in the descriptions, I think this is probably the Molson Amphitheater show from 6/30/97.

I assumed an official announcement would be coming soon after I found these, but haven't seen anything yet.

Anyone have info on this? 

Here's a playlist with all the tracks that someone made a few days ago...maybe that's a sign we'll hear something soon.

• Like 1

That's really, really odd.

It's a complete show, but it sounds absolutely terrible, for one thing - like a slightly out-of-tune FM radio station played back on some crappy car speakers and recorded to cassette with a cheap microphone.  It's definitely a bootleg, and not a particularly good one - not something you would expect to find on the band's official channel.

I really want to know what the story is here...

Edited by Rush Didact

22 minutes ago, Rush Didact said:

It's a complete show, but it sounds absolutely terrible, for one thing - like a slightly out-of-tune FM radio station played back on some crappy car speakers and recorded to cassette with a cheap microphone.  It's definitely a bootleg, and not a particularly good one - not something you would expect to find on the band's official channel.

It does say radio broadcast at the bottom of the album cover, so you might be onto something there lol.

But yeah, I was also disappointed by the audio quality. Geddy's bass sound is far too muddy/muffled. And there are times when Alex's backup vocals are more prominent than Geddy's.

3 hours ago, Rush Didact said:

This seems to be a "official" upload of the Stolen Signals Bootleg. I worked with this recording on a video project recently and I am very familiar with how it sounds. I believe it was recorded by tapping into Alex's Inner Ear Monitor. That's why its possible to hear him singing clearly.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheGhostRider said:

This seems to be a "official" upload of the Stolen Signals Bootleg. I worked with this recording on a video project recently and I am very familiar with how it sounds. I believe it was recorded by tapping into Alex's Inner Ear Monitor. That's why its possible to hear him singing clearly.

That would explain it!  Thanks!  Still doesn't make any sense why it was uploaded to the official account, though...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TheGhostRider said:

Ah, interesting. Thanks for the info!

53 minutes ago, Rush Didact said:

That would explain it!  Thanks!  Still doesn't make any sense why it was uploaded to the official account, though...

Not only did they upload it, they also made (as far as I can tell at least) a new, custom album cover for it. Very odd.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 4:16 PM, Rush Didact said:

Very strange. Uploading a random bootleg doesn't make sense. Could the account have been hacked?

On 11/21/2022 at 6:22 PM, taurus said:

Maybe they are going to follow what Pink Floyd and others have done and start to release old bootlegs, officially.

I think Zappa was the first to do this with his "Beat the Boots" series Volume 1 and 2

That's possible, but why start with THAT one?

• Like 1