Trying to do right

Saint NIck

I'm on vacation down in Disney; ONLY to help my sister, who's a single mom of a 5 & 1 year old. I cannot say a word, or express myself; she questions nearly every move, gesture, question i may have. She doesn't stop. I'M EXHAUSTED. I love her & her children VERY DEARLY. There's no way she could've driven from New Orleans, and done Disney Springs, Jurassic Park, Universal, Sea World, Magic, Animal and back at Magic tonight. We leave Saturday. GIVE ME STRENGTH. I'm trying.

Edited by Saint NIck
  • Like 7

On 11/17/2022 at 5:11 PM, Saint NIck said:

I cannot say a word, or express myself; she questions nearly every move, gesture, question i may have. She doesn't stop.

It’s up to you to stop her.  Lay down the Law with her, and don’t be meek about it.  

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 3

Remember, you’re there for her and your nieces/nephews, not for yourself.  That doesn’t mean that you can be disrespected.  If she is polite and respectful, do what she asks.  If she is not, ask her to be respectful, and then do what she asks.  

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 6:58 AM, NoahLutz said:

Remember, you’re there for her and your nieces/nephews, not for yourself.  That doesn’t mean that you can be disrespected.  If she is polite and respectful, do what she asks.  If she is not, ask her to be respectful, and then do what she asks.  

That seems a mature way to handle it.  On the end if it becomes abusive, one may need to step back.  Of course, that hurts the kids.