Any Rush fans out there ready to have their mind blown?

BetterCallSaul

On 11/13/2022 at 1:32 AM, Ron2112 said:

Not CoS tour.  Early 2112 tour.  Which actually makes the appearance of this song in the setlist more interesting.

I was starting to wonder when you would pop in on this.

May I inquire as to your thoughts?

Also, when was the last time I sent you an email? I would like to give you a status update regarding some things.

Very nice. Amazing this has been locked away somewhere for decades upon decades. Mind-blowing. 

• Like 3

Thank you to Mr Moore :biggrin:

I noticed the recording is running about 4.0% too fast so I took the liberty to speed correct it.

https://mega.nz/file/U9YD0TLb#cNO6D5hVX_C3lCxna2NWQBsOa6ZN-E1Msecq3MBrwsM

(I edited this post and the link to change it from 4.5% too fast to 4.0% too fast, because I'm insane =) )

Edited by currygoat11
  • Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 1:52 AM, thizzellewashington said:

The entry for this show in Wandering the Face of the Earth says: "Longtime fan Jim Bossier reports that 'I Think I'm Going Bald' was performed and that a bootleg recording existed at one point but has since been lost." Guess not!!

According to the book, this is the setlist for the show:

Bastille Day

Anthem

Lakeside Park

Fly by Night

I Think I'm Going Bald

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

Working Man (with drum solo)

Finding My Way

It's a shame this wasn't actually a Caress of Steel show so maybe we could get a recording of "The Necromancer" in this quality. But this is pretty cool. "I Think I'm Going Bald" isn't my favorite Rush song by any means but it's always cool when 40+ years later we finally get definitive proof that a song was performed live.

Whatever makes this technically a 2112 tour show, this is a CoS show. not one  2112 tune played and virtually the same set list as the previous tour (from available sources)

Regardless of where ITIGB fits in the oeuvre, it's fantastic to hear this one and only example of it being played live. This unearthing ranks up there with the Northampton broadcast and all the others that people have mentioned. Really hope to get a copy of the full show. If anyone snags it, I would love to get a wetransfer of it from some generous member

• Like 2

Thank you BetterCallSaul for seeing this and posting it here.

What a gem, and as all above, hoping to see more!

Cheers!

On 11/18/2022 at 7:24 PM, taurus said:

Whatever makes this technically a 2112 tour show, this is a CoS show. not one  2112 tune played and virtually the same set list as the previous tour (from available sources)

Regardless of where ITIGB fits in the oeuvre, it's fantastic to hear this one and only example of it being played live. This unearthing ranks up there with the Northampton broadcast and all the others that people have mentioned. Really hope to get a copy of the full show. If anyone snags it, I would love to get a wetransfer of it from some generous member

Well 2112 was a few weeks away and fans didn't have it. I've always considered the 1/10/76 show the final Caress of Steel Show.  Pre-2112 might be a better identifier even though, as you say, not one song from the album was previewed from the limited information we have available

The earliest known recorded show before this one is 3/28/76 Seattle. Or do I have that wrong.(Where they did do the abbreviated 2112)

On 11/15/2022 at 12:34 AM, 78jazz said:

I was starting to wonder when you would pop in on this.

May I inquire as to your thoughts?

Also, when was the last time I sent you an email? I would like to give you a status update regarding some things.

Travis:

I've always thought that anything else new to the bootleg community to pop up would be this sort of "back of the closet" type recording.  Hopefully, the whole show will emerge.

It's been a while since we e-mailed.  I'm still at the same address -- drop a line any time.  Hope all is well!

On 12/16/2022 at 12:24 PM, Ron2112 said:

Travis:

I've always thought that anything else new to the bootleg community to pop up would be this sort of "back of the closet" type recording.  Hopefully, the whole show will emerge.

It's been a while since we e-mailed.  I'm still at the same address -- drop a line any time.  Hope all is well!

Can't imagine why it wouldn't. Pretty cruel joke if the only song recorded was one that had never been heard on a live recording before. I've kind of been looking at this as a trailer to a movie that will eventually come out. Always the chance that the guy might be sitting on it  I guess. This teaser taken with the entry for the show in Wandering The Face Of The Earth leads me to believe there is a full show with the hope that it will eventually surface one way or the other.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, taurus said:

full show now up on YT

Kansas fan yelling "you suck" is hilarious. He went silent after Neil's solo.  Nice version of By Tor on this recording too. Geddy sounds kind of cringe worthy near the end of Working Man Seems a bit out of his comfort zone.

No word about the new album which is mildly surprising given it was due out in a few weeks. We know by this point the record company is disappointed and the band likely knows this by now yet they're still able to win over the audience. Interesting times.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ytserush said:

Kansas fan yelling "you suck" is hilarious. He went silent after Neil's solo. 

Regarding that moment, here's an exchange in the YT link involving the person who assisted in getting this show out:

-Buyaka:

Wow!!! A "You Suck!" shout at RUSH and the same guy yells "Kansas!"

-AnalogKid AudioVideo:

On close listen, it appears the guy is yelling, "You suck, Kansas! Kansas, you suck!" as if he's addressing someone in the crowd wearing a Kansas t-shirt. :-)

-Buyaka:

@AnalogKid AudioVideo  I don't think so...RUSH was playing and he seemed clearly agitated. Let's see how/if others pick up on it and what they think.

-AnalogKid AudioVideo:

@Buyaka  It's my understanding the guy yelling was a friend of the taper. And those guys went to see Rush, not Kansas. So...

-Buyaka:

@AnalogKid AudioVideo  Ahhhh...OK then. Insider information!

Who knows, with any luck perhaps the responsible party will see this show and weigh in?   :-)

• Like 2

On 12/23/2022 at 1:21 AM, BetterCallSaul said:

Regarding that moment, here's an exchange in the YT link involving the person who assisted in getting this show out:

-Buyaka:

Wow!!! A "You Suck!" shout at RUSH and the same guy yells "Kansas!"

-AnalogKid AudioVideo:

On close listen, it appears the guy is yelling, "You suck, Kansas! Kansas, you suck!" as if he's addressing someone in the crowd wearing a Kansas t-shirt. :-)

-Buyaka:

@AnalogKid AudioVideo  I don't think so...RUSH was playing and he seemed clearly agitated. Let's see how/if others pick up on it and what they think.

-AnalogKid AudioVideo:

@Buyaka  It's my understanding the guy yelling was a friend of the taper. And those guys went to see Rush, not Kansas. So...

-Buyaka:

@AnalogKid AudioVideo  Ahhhh...OK then. Insider information!

Who knows, with any luck perhaps the responsible party will see this show and weigh in?   :-)

Not hearing it that way but I'll listen more. It might take a while to burn myself out on this recording.

On 12/17/2022 at 3:00 PM, ytserush said:

This teaser taken with the entry for the show in Wandering The Face Of The Earth leads me to believe there is a full show with the hope that it will eventually surface one way or the other.

They make several comments about shows with no known circulating recordings. I wonder if they had access to some goodies. (come on with La Crosse '82. Seriously.)

• Like 1