Any Rush fans out there ready to have their mind blown?

BetterCallSaul

A couple of problems I have with the song itself...one is the obvious cheesy title, second is that the main riff is a ripoff of In The Mood. That said, Alex is shredding balls on this recording and the recording is really clean for a bootleg. 

• Like 2

Mind blown.

Uncharted era.(NOT a Caress of Steel Tour show.) A few weeks before 2112 comes out.  Opening night of the tour. Evidence of the claim made in Wandering The Face Of The Earth that it was played.  (Just guessing here but a Kansas fan might have recorded it.) Have to figure that this is a tease for the entire show which was what....about 45 minutes?

Nice surprise!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Man that ripped!!! Alex was on fire there!!! How is stuff like this one coming out now??

No kidding!  Sitting on a whole show of this quality for decades?  Without a peep?  Just wow!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rush Didact said:

I think the last time a Rush artefact like this was discovered was probably the Passaic '76 video, 15 years ago.  This is really damn cool.

The PoW demos come to mind too...    All good.

Who knows what else is out there..... sitting in the bottom of Lerxt's closet perhaps.

Edited by grep
  • Like 1

This is a pretty amazing find. A rumored recording that was originally though to be lost forever suddenly appears out of nowhere, almost like its been resurrected. It's a great time to be a Rush fan right now more than ever.

Edited by TheGhostRider
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The entry for this show in Wandering the Face of the Earth says: "Longtime fan Jim Bossier reports that 'I Think I'm Going Bald' was performed and that a bootleg recording existed at one point but has since been lost." Guess not!!

According to the book, this is the setlist for the show:

Bastille Day

Anthem

Lakeside Park

Fly by Night

I Think I'm Going Bald

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

Working Man (with drum solo)

Finding My Way

It's a shame this wasn't actually a Caress of Steel show so maybe we could get a recording of "The Necromancer" in this quality. But this is pretty cool. "I Think I'm Going Bald" isn't my favorite Rush song by any means but it's always cool when 40+ years later we finally get definitive proof that a song was performed live.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Rush Didact said:

Woah.  I was NOT expecting that.  A CoS tour bootleg that sounds incredibly good?  Man... miracles are possible, I suppose!  I need to hear the rest of the show!

Not CoS tour.  Early 2112 tour.  Which actually makes the appearance of this song in the setlist more interesting.

• Like 1