Mita's Rush oddities is back Online!

TheGhostRider

Just now, Rush Didact said:

Chris has been doing good work for two decades now.  I'm glad he resurrected it.

I spoke to him via email very briefly a while back. He seemed like a really nice guy. I think he doesn't surf or post on the forums anymore but its cool to see the site back up again for us nerds to explore.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheGhostRider said:

I spoke to him via email very briefly a while back. He seemed like a really nice guy. I think he doesn't surf or post on the forums anymore but its cool to see the site back up again for us nerds to explore.

He is a really nice guy, I've "known" him online since the mid 2000s.  Very genuine and humble, and very creative in finding these tidbits.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheGhostRider said:

You said it, nothing more nerdier than reading about what the boys were eating and drinking and having prepared for the crew in 1990 during tour :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Alexmai said:

The "Out of my nose" thing in Counterparts... I thought it was a problem with my CD, instead is IN the recording... and in the demo? Or also on the official release?

Isn't it "men about oars"?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, goose said:

One of those threads...

I was about to say that 2010 wasn't "many years ago", but then I realized it's actually a dozen of them...  Man, time has flown by...

I miss being a fan back then, when there was still the possibility of new music and tours.  It's strange to be a fan of a defunct entity...

• Like 4

On 1/26/2023 at 2:00 PM, Time Stood Still said:

I've only been on this Forum for a year, may I ask who Chris is? 

You may.  :tongue:

He is the guy that ran MitA, or Music in the Abstract.  Not sure if he had any connection to the band other than that.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, goose said:

You may.  :tongue:

He is the guy that ran MitA, or Music in the Abstract.  Not sure if he had any connection to the band other than that.

If I may... MitA is only one of the best sound tech guys ever! He can pull Geddy's vocals out of the most horrible live recordings, tweak it and make it sound like Ged is standing in your living room singing Xanadu just for you and your confused mom and grandma.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, sullysue said:

If I may... MitA is only one of the best sound tech guys ever! He can pull Geddy's vocals out of the most horrible live recordings, tweak it and make it sound like Ged is standing in your living room singing Xanadu just for you and your confused mom and grandma.

The man is a magician, no doubt.  I'm a long time fan

• Like 2

On 11/10/2022 at 7:10 PM, TheGhostRider said:

I think I met him once. My memory is kind of hazy. It was at the pre-show at Stout NYC, for the SNA show at MSG.  RushGirl was there, and I can swear that she introduced me to her good friend Mita.....  or maybe she was telling me that he was supposed to be there.  LOL

Edited by grep
  • Like 2