Unleash the Archers

TheAccountant

Anybody into this group?  They are power metal (they remind me or Helloween, Iron Maiden & Nightwish) but also have done some concept albums so they have a prog side.  They have done a few songs that are anything but power metal.  I will post links to them separatly.

I grew up in the 70's and all my tean were in the 1980's  - seemed like every week something interesting came out.  Then about 1993 the music scene just (for me) collapsed.  I have looked and looked and looked but could not find any group that consistently interested me with the exception of the awesome Nightwish.  Not in the last 2 month first I find The Warning and now this group.

Anybody familiar with them?  Anybody like them?  There are some interesting interviews with the lead singer out there.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mr. Not said:

I really love this song, but when I tried the full album out i wasn't as impressed. 

Thats a pitty.  Thanks for the heads up because so far I have liked what I have heard - including the song you posted.  I have not gotten any albums from them yet.  Just been listening to what I stumbled across on youtube.  Thanks for the feedback.  

I've heard some stuff from them before but have never taken the deep dive in. I've liked what I heard. The band is very talented musically and the singer has a hell of a voice. I'm just hesitant to try them because while power metal is fun and great to sing along with, a lot of it sounds kind of the same so the excitement of listening to it wears off quickly.

17 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Thats a pitty.  Thanks for the heads up because so far I have liked what I have heard - including the song you posted.  I have not gotten any albums from them yet.  Just been listening to what I stumbled across on youtube.  Thanks for the feedback.  

their latest two albums have been well received so i'd still give them a shot anyway. i've been meaning to give Abyss a second try, but as it stands ive just spammed the title track :P i just watched the first vid you linked and that's a good song too but it didn't "wow" me like Abyss did. the bassist's technique is incredible, i've never seen that kind of fingering used before. i'm probably just burnt out on power metal tbh 

14 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I've heard some stuff from them before but have never taken the deep dive in. I've liked what I heard. The band is very talented musically and the singer has a hell of a voice. I'm just hesitant to try them because while power metal is fun and great to sing along with, a lot of it sounds kind of the same so the excitement of listening to it wears off quickly.

i think they break out of the power metal mold enough to be a stand-out band, which is something musicians who are still in this genre kind of have to do in order to survive (the subgenre peaked and faded in the 90's and 2000s)

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 2:44 PM, Mr. Not said:

their latest two albums have been well received so i'd still give them a shot anyway. i've been meaning to give Abyss a second try, but as it stands ive just spammed the title track :P i just watched the first vid you linked and that's a good song too but it didn't "wow" me like Abyss did. the bassist's technique is incredible, i've never seen that kind of fingering used before. i'm probably just burnt out on power metal tbh 

i think they break out of the power metal mold enough to be a stand-out band, which is something musicians who are still in this genre kind of have to do in order to survive (the subgenre peaked and faded in the 90's and 2000s)

Thanks for the recommendation about the newest album.  Been listing to more of it on youtube and wow, I am impressed.  I would agree that they brake out of the power metal mold a bit (the second of the 3 video's I original posted is defiantly not power metal IMO).

As for the singer having a hell of a voice - good lord yes!!!  I had not realized just what a voice she has when I first started this thread.  Just found what I am attaching to this post.  Keep in mind  (if you watch it) that she did this in a karaoke bar AFTER a show that was the last show on a tour.  She has indicated in an interview she did with The Charismatic Voice (thanks J2112YYZ for telling me about her!!!) that she does not drink during a tour but when its done she will.  So, she had just played a show at the end of a tour and was getting hammered.  Then went out and covered Queensreich.  Can anybody say Jeff Tate?  So glad you guys mentioned she has a heck of a voice - IMO it really shows in this video.  I really like this band.

• Like 1