Weird: The Al Yancovic Story

Entre_Perpetuo

I just watched it and it's an absolute riot! You can watch it for free with short commercial breaks by just googling it.

• Like 2

We watched it over the weekend! It's different, that's for sure, but it was very entertaining. Daniel Radcliffe was a great Al and Rachel Evan Wood nailed being Madonna. It was fun to see who showed up in the cameo roles. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blueschica said:

We watched it over the weekend! It's different, that's for sure, but it was very entertaining. Daniel Radcliffe was a great Al and Rachel Evan Wood nailed being Madonna. It was fun to see who showed up in the cameo roles. 

So many good ones in the Another One Rides the Bus scene.  Love the Drunk History and Walk Hard vibe of this movie.  Weird Al is kind of parodying Bohemian Rhapsody's insulting timeline and I'm here for it.

Spoiler

Madonna Ciccone is still at large. :laugh:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

So many good ones in the Another One Rides the Bus scene.  Love the Drunk History and Walk Hard vibe of this movie.  Weird Al is kind of parodying Bohemian Rhapsody's insulting timeline and I'm here for it.

Reveal hidden contents

Madonna Ciccone is still at large. :laugh:

I still think Bohemian Rhapsody was stellar on all fronts. The timeline issues have never bothered me. Real fans know the real story, but now everyone has an immediate touchstone to try to understand Freddie as a human being, and I think that's really special.

But sorry, on topic again. Yes, the Another One Rides The Bus scene had me guffawing over and over! They kinda did Deacy dirty, but it's all in good fun and just having him in the movie as a character at all feels really rewarding to this Queen fan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I still think Bohemian Rhapsody was stellar on all fronts. The timeline issues have never bothered me. Real fans know the real story, but now everyone has an immediate touchstone to try to understand Freddie as a human being, and I think that's really special.

But sorry, on topic again. Yes, the Another One Rides The Bus scene had me guffawing over and over! They kinda did Deacy dirty, but it's all in good fun and just having him in the movie as a character at all feels really rewarding to this Queen fan.

That was a great slow reveal and triple laugh!

• Like 1

i watched it last night and right from when his mom said we don't want you doing any of the things you love i knew what I was in for......shame on me for thinking al would make a legit bio pic.

:laugh:

i LOVED it.

Mick

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

i watched it last night and right from when his mom said we don't want you doing any of the things you love i knew what I was in for......shame on me for thinking al would make a legit bio pic.

:laugh:

i LOVED it.

Mick

I thought it was a straight bio for a few minutes too! My husband was like, do you think a machine really ate the Dad's hand? :biggrin: :biggrin:   Apparently in real life his dad was really proud and used to show Al's photo around at the grocery store and drug store .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blueschica said:

I thought it was a straight bio for a few minutes too! My husband was like, do you think a machine really ate the Dad's hand? :biggrin: :biggrin:   Apparently in real life his dad was really proud and used to show Al's photo around at the grocery store and drug store .

and then his dad beats the piss out of  the salesman.  i nearly chocked on my tongue, lol

it really is a masterful biopic parody by the king.

• Like 2