Ex Duran Duran guitarist diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer.

I love Duran Duran, but I never fully appreciated Andy Taylor until the Power Station album, which I love.  He also did a song for a movie with Gretzky's wife that was great.  I read about his letter delivered last night at the HoF induction, which his health kept him out of.  Le Bon indicated time is short for Andy.

:angel:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rick N. Backer said:

I love Duran Duran, but I never fully appreciated Andy Taylor until the Power Station album, which I love.  He also did a song for a movie with Gretzky's wife that was great.  I read about his letter delivered last night at the HoF induction, which his health kept him out of.  Le Bon indicated time is short for Andy.

:angel:

Take It Easy from American Anthem, right?  That riff sounds similar to Get It On (Bang a Gong) by PS and T Rex.

Also did the guitar solo for Mad About You by Belinda Carlisle and played on Out of Order by Sir Rod Stewart.

• Like 3

I was shocked to hear this. Duran has been one of my favorite bands since the 80s.  I follow him on Instagram and he released a new song a couple weeks ago. Get well soon!

• Like 2

Andy has always been one of my favorite guitarists.  I'm glad I got to see the band when I still went to concerts.

This song has taken on a whole new meaning for me.

• Like 1

My hair was long, my flannel shirt sleeveless over my Iron Maiden tee, my jeans tight, work-boots. Alone when no one was looking I'd crank Duran Duran. At some point I even got me a John Taylor hairdo. Good sing a long stuff, maybe a little hip swaying too. Still a fan today, hoping for a miracle for Andy. Thanks for the music.