Happy Birthday, Laurabw !!

blueschica

1 hour ago, blueschica said:

:thumbsup:   Happy, happy birthday, Laura !!   :thumbsup:     Best wishes to TRF's own rock star and a fellow Geddy fan!  I hope today is wonderful for you!  

43e94sFm.png       ZQENOiem.jpg       pmlveEPm.png

Thanks Becky! you're the best.

• Like 1

"Happy Birthday".  I hope you are able to be having a beautiful day.  You're welcome.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, zepphead said:

Happy Birthday Laurabw! :cheers:

School of Rock (2003) Trailer #1 | Movieclips Classic Trailers - YouTube

What do you think of Judas Priest's Nostradamus album? I've just been listening to it for the first time in a while so I could rank the tracks for a little discussion on Priest albums I've been having...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, treeduck said:

What do you think of Judas Priest's Nostradamus album? I've just been listening to it for the first time in a while so I could rank the tracks for a little discussion on Priest albums I've been having...

I need to give it a listen again. I remember buying it when it was released and liking it.

But I seem to recall it being over-long and I think it got panned by the critics at the time. Time to re-visit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zepphead said:

I need to give it a listen again. I remember buying it when it was released and liking it.

But I seem to recall it being over-long and I think it got panned by the critics at the time. Time to re-visit.

It's about 100 minutes but I found the time flew by. Even the weakest song Lost Love is ok. And here's my ranking of the main songs excluding interludes (which are good too):

1. Persecution
2. Alone
3. Visions
4. Nostradamus
5. Future of Mankind
6. Prophecy
7. Death
8. War
9. Conquest
10. Revelations
11. Pestilence and Plague
12. New Beginnings
13. Exiled
14. Lost Love

• Like 1

4 hours ago, treeduck said:

It's about 100 minutes but I found the time flew by. Even the weakest song Lost Love is ok. And here's my ranking of the main songs excluding interludes (which are good too):

1. Persecution
2. Alone
3. Visions
4. Nostradamus
5. Future of Mankind
6. Prophecy
7. Death
8. War
9. Conquest
10. Revelations
12. New Beginnings
13. Exiled
14. Lost Love

I'll give it a lash tomorrow.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 3:34 PM, treeduck said:

1. Persecution
2. Alone
3. Visions
4. Nostradamus
5. Future of Mankind
6. Prophecy
7. Death
8. War
9. Conquest
10. Revelations
12. New Beginnings
13. Exiled
14. Lost Love

Having listened to Nostradamus again, I really enjoyed the whole thing.

Some tracks worked better than others but I would say Alone was probably my favourite track.

I cant help thinking though that if they had trimmed things a bit, merged a few of the interludes into tracks  and ditched a few ideas, this could have been a wonder album.

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, zepphead said:

Having listened to Nostradamus again, I really enjoyed the whole thing.

Some tracks worked better than others but I would say Alone was probably my favourite track.

I cant help thinking though that if they had trimmed things a bit, merged a few of the interludes into tracks  and ditched a few ideas, this could have been a wonder album.

The thing about me is I was happy because I always want more, more tracks, more discs, more stuff, more more more (as Billy Idol would say, cue Steve Stevens dive bomb!)

• Like 1