Guitar switch moment on Show Of Hands vid

Timbale

I was looking at the encore section of A Show Of Hands - had not watched it in many a moon - and remembered something I've always wondered about.

You can tell, as I think was the general practise in shooting shows back then, that they have used one night in the venue to shoot the far away, full scope shots and another night to shoot the close-ups on stage, which is the performance we're hearing.  It's usually pretty seamless, but there are, I believe, a couple moments that give it away on ASOH...including during 2112, when you can see that Alex has a white guitar in the long shots, and a black guitar in the close ups.  BUT, what's interesting to me is that between Overture and Temples, Alex takes a moment ( a moment too long, as far as Geddy is clearly concerned, haha) to switch his guitar to the white from the black.  Is this a coincidence do you think?  It doesn't seem like he has broken a string...but it also doesn't look like roadies/techs are motioning to him to make the change.  

I've always been curious about this moment...but have never seen it discussed.  Thoughts?

20 minutes ago, Ron2112 said:

It's a blown string.  You can hear it, and I think even see it at the very end of "Overture".

Wow, you’ve got good ears…or I’m going deaf from all the loud music over the tears…I cannot hear that. 

18 minutes ago, Timbale said:

Wow, you’ve got good ears…or I’m going deaf from all the loud music over the tears…I cannot hear that. 

And also good eyes!  I just don't see a broken string, or hear the tell tale sign, which is often that the other strings go out of tune.  I also find it strange (having watched that moment a few times now, haha) that you see Lifeson play the last 2 chords of the song at his mic position...like, he's not side stage getting ready to switch, and doesn't seem to be reacting to a broken string at all.

1 hour ago, Ron2112 said:

It's a blown string.  You can hear it, and I think even see it at the very end of "Overture".

For sure during Tom Sawyer, but I don't see it in Overture.

An offshoot trivial little thing that I noticed by watching this moment over and over (I wish I was tech savvy enough to post a link to the exact moment...) is that because the guitar dies out faster than usual, with Alex making that change, you can hear what I am certain is a moog/synth pedal holding down the last note of Overture.  I am almost certain this is not Geddy's bass ringing out - it is a much lower, slightly synthetic bottom end note.  I just had never noticed or thought about the fact that they were using synth on 2112 to fatten it up circa '88.