• Metallica - Ride The Lightning
    • Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
    • Iron Maiden - Powerslave
    • Black Sabbath - Heaven And Hell
    • Van Halen - Fair Warning
    • Guns ‘N’ Roses - Appetite For Destruction
    • Van Halen - 1984
    • Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast

In a shocking turn, no Judas Priest has advanced to this round! Nor has Def Leopard’s last standing album. Instead we have a ton of Maiden and Van Halen, and two each from Rush and Metallica. 

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

23 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

It would have been interesting to keep Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures out.

sacrilege ! :LOL:

Well here's a comment to really invite some stick regarding Perm Vs Pictures:- 

Well Moving Pictures isn't really heavy metal is it! It's when Rush did Police/Talking Heads so it's not really meant for this poll!! :tongue:

Edited by Malignant Narcissist
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Malignant Narcissist said:

Well here's a comment to really invite some stick regarding Perm Vs Pictures:- 

Well Moving Pictures isn't really heavy metal is it! It's when Rush did Police/Talking Heads so it's not really meant for in this poll!! :tongue:

🤔 For me only the final track on MP , 

‘ Vital Signs ‘ really leans for the 1st time quite strongly towards the Police influenced route which Rush would more predominately feature on their next 2 albums ( Signals and GuP ) 

For me Rush’s best album remains and will always be ️Hemispheres ️which was their peak of their Prog Metal brillance :yes: 

.. but as that was released in ‘78 we can’t vote for it in this Poll series 🙃

Pew being Rush’s best 80s album ( although many on here say it’s really a 70s album as the songs are written & recorded in ‘79 ! ) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Agreed.

Yeah, I’m thinking if it looks like they’re just going to outright win in the final round I’ll kinda disqualify them and just do a poll for the remaining few albums. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Yeah, I’m thinking if it looks like they’re just going to outright win in the final round I’ll kinda disqualify them and just do a poll for the remaining few albums. 

Your poll, but I think that would be unfair now.  They've already bumped off albums from the earlier rounds.  Who knows where those votes would have gone, and how other albums might have fared if they had advanced.   If the Packers had beaten the Giants, would the Patriots have won Super Bowl XLII?

• Like 1

Yeah, of course being the Rush forum then these albums are getting probably a much higher vote than they would on the Maiden, Sabbath, Metallica, Van Halen etc forums. 

It's nice to think they would still be up there in the voting but I suspect not.

3 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Your poll, but I think that would be unfair now.  They've already bumped off albums from the earlier rounds.  Who knows where those votes would have gone, and how other albums might have fared if they had advanced.   If the Packers had beaten the Giants, would the Patriots have won Super Bowl XLII?

I mean, the way I see it, every album’s had a fair chance. There’s only ever been two Rush albums in the running, and I’ve always allowed at least 5 votes. So if you take out the Rush albums as givens you still have at least three other votes to work with, and odds are that if the majority of people aren’t handing those votes out to certain albums now, the. They weren’t going to hand them out to those albums in later rounds with fewer votes to work with. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but I think all MP and PeW have really done this far is eliminate competitors that weren’t t going to beat Mindcrime, Puppets and the like anyway.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 6:09 PM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

4 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Sounds like something the FBI might do.

On 10/12/2022 at 6:48 PM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I mean, the way I see it, every album’s had a fair chance. There’s only ever been two Rush albums in the running, and I’ve always allowed at least 5 votes. So if you take out the Rush albums as givens you still have at least three other votes to work with, and odds are that if the majority of people aren’t handing those votes out to certain albums now, the. They weren’t going to hand them out to those albums in later rounds with fewer votes to work with. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but I think all MP and PeW have really done this far is eliminate competitors that weren’t t going to beat Mindcrime, Puppets and the like anyway.

Depends on the margins that some other albums lost by.  As I mentioned before, I didn't vote for Diary of a Madman or Killers or VH's debut, 3 of my favorite albums of all time, because I just love PeW and MP more.

Doesn't matter at this point anyways.  Just voicing my opinion that the rules shouldn't change now.  Your poll though.

• Like 1

On this, I'm giving my opinion.  I haven't expected any certain people to put likes on this, too.  I can very easily name them, too.  With, and for this, I'm the one, who did start a good foundation of selections from the quarter of '80's heavy metal, and hard rock c.ds, and albums there were.  Some people coming along trying ruining it isn't, and wasn't an answer.  I would think some people realize their picks, and choices of "Rush - Permanent Waves, and Moving Pictures" aren't, and haven't been considered, and classified as heavy metal, and hard rock.  They are, and have been progressive, and classic rock.  There is a difference between the four categories.  As the person, and individual, who said above me, for round two, he didn't pick, and choose "Iron Maiden - Killers, the Number of the Beast, Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of A Madman, and Van Halen - 1984" because there were a lot of other great ones to select, and maybe, no other reason(s).  "Van Halen - I" wasn't released in the 1980s as the released year was 1978.  If the list will be reduced to seven from fifteen without "Rush - Permanent Waves, and Moving Pictures" included, then it will be, and should be this.

Metallica - Master of Puppets

Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime

AC/DC - Back In Black

Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of A Seventh Son

Iron Maiden - Powerslave

Van Halen - Fair Warning

Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction

Edited by Derek19