Loretta Lynn has died

Fordgalaxy

She was so remarkable!!!!!!

My poor mother had a lot in common with Loretta. Living in poverty is always hardest on women.

Thank the Universe we got to know Loretta's talent and personality. What a joy it was, and is......

• Like 3

She will be greatly missed. I have always loved her music. I haven't seen Coal Miner's Daughter in a long time, I might have to watch it again.

• Like 1

A true icon for women in country music (and in general, really). While she'll probably be remembered as The Coal Miner's Daughter, she was also somebody who wasn't afraid to record songs like "The Pill" in the early '60s. She had a strong sense of who she wanted to be and the drive to get there. Legend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

A true icon for women in country music (and in general, really). While she'll probably be remembered as The Coal Miner's Daughter, she was also somebody who wasn't afraid to record songs like "The Pill" in the early '60s. She had a strong sense of who she wanted to be and the drive to get there. Legend.

She was very ballsy. Back then a lot of women wouldn't even discuss being on birth control due to judgmental people doing what they do best, spreading gossip.

Grew up on this kind of music from my parents. Loretta never strayed from her roots. We are losing people from a really basic and real era.

The local radio station played You're The Reason Our Kids Are Ugly. Loved it. Perfect.

• Like 1

I know so little about her, but this thread makes me want to check her out!

Loretta Lynn had class and style.  Even Jack White was inspired by her.