Anyone else watch this YouTube channel?

Entre_Perpetuo

It’s called Justin Hawkins Rides Again. He’s the lead singer from The Darkness and every day he makes a video about some musical topic (usually going over a song he really likes or maybe one he doesn’t). And I just think he’s brilliant! Here’s the video he did today on one of my favorite Metallica songs:

• Like 1

Yep - I've seen quite of few of his videos. He's quite fair in the assessments he's made even though some of the titles bait you in. And he's entertaining.

The Darkness are old school metal and he doesn't hide his love for those type of bands/artists. Plus he aint a bad singer too.

Edited by Malignant Narcissist
  • Like 2

I watched the one recently where he talked about an interview Tobias Forge of Ghost had where he mentioned how touring is a pain in the ass right now. Justin agreed with it saying that it was true with there being only so many tour buses to go around and attendance is suffering at some shows because of too many bands on the road and inflation making everything cost more.

On a related note, I read an interview with Frank Bello of Anthrax where he mentioned the reason the band cancelled their European tour this year is because the budget ended up being three times what it was when they booked it last year. Inflation is a real bitch over there right now. They can do the UK but not the rest of Europe.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

It’s called Justin Hawkins Rides Again. He’s the lead singer from The Darkness and every day he makes a video about some musical topic (usually going over a song he really likes or maybe one he doesn’t). And I just think he’s brilliant! Here’s the video he did today on one of my favorite Metallica songs:

YEP! Big fan. Mr. Hawkins' vids are always interesting and I love how he doesn't take himself too seriously, a trait I share and fully endorse.

• Like 1