The Official 2022-23 NHL Season Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

16 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Anyone can have a bad 56 years.

:poke: No fair poking them while they are down...:sarcasm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

Nice USA win over Finland on opening night, :thumbsup: but poor selection of their Springsteen goal celebration song. :thumbsdown:

Wow, where was Rantenen?  Finns looked sluggish.  Tuch had a good game.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rhyta said:

Wow, where was Rantenen?  Finns looked sluggish.  Tuch had a good game.

He's been more dominating against the Germans today, but it was another struggle all together for Finland again.  

• Like 1

What kind of idiots schedule U.S. and Canada games for early on in the day, and then Sweden vs Austria at night?  :nuts: I suppose it's for all the Austrians living in Vancouver? 

23 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

What kind of idiots schedule U.S. and Canada games for early on in the day, and then Sweden vs Austria at night?  :nuts: I suppose it's for all the Austrians living in Vancouver? 

Oh, yeah, you don't mess with the Vancouver Austrians -- when they call it "V-town" they mean Vienna! :tongue:

• Like 1

And now the Oilers are out. Do I bring myself to root for Vegas? No, no I do not. Florida? Carolina? Dallas or Seattle? No . . .

Okay, I'll see you all in the NHL 2023-24 thread.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Oh, yeah, you don't mess with the Vancouver Austrians -- when they call it "V-town" they mean Vienna! :tongue:

Didn't 'Little Vienna' burn down in 2011?   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

And now the Oilers are out. Do I bring myself to root for Vegas? No, no I do not. Florida? Carolina? Dallas or Seattle? No . . .

Okay, I'll see you all in the NHL 2023-24 thread.

This is one of those years there are more teams I don't like than like in the playoffs.  Have just been watching to see some good hockey.  I hate that I want to see a Dallas v Vegas WCF :laugh:.  Florida taking out Carolina would prove it wasn't a fluke that they took out Boston.  I honestly thought it was Boston's Cup this year.  It has been a crazy and weird post season.  3 goals in a little over 2 minutes last night, then a natural hat trick. 

At least now the announcers can stop slobbering over McDavid until next season, truly tired of that.

Stupid ESPN making everyone wait until the baseball game is over...this is why I knew it was a bad idea to give ESPN the broadcast rights again.  They always treat hockey as a loser, couldn't have stopped the cornhole competition on ESPN2 to show the game at a decent hour? :blink:

• Like 4

That was a suspenseful game, beginning to wonder when someone would score.  So I got my wish, now I don't know who I am going to pull for :laugh:

So we have two teams who have not won a Cup and two who have.  Thursday and Friday are the next games, let's hope they are in a better time slot :hockey1:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rhyta said:

That was a suspenseful game, beginning to wonder when someone would score.  So I got my wish, now I don't know who I am going to pull for :laugh:

So we have two teams who have not won a Cup and two who have.  Thursday and Friday are the next games, let's hope they are in a better time slot :hockey1:

Most of the games are 7pm central, and even a Sunday afternoon one. :cool:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

I'm left with Carolina. Teravainen with a second Cup? :tempted: Burns with his first?  

Joe Pavelski winning a Cup makes Dallas the easy choice for me. They're pretty much my secondary team anyway, lots of players on that team that are easy to like -- Pavelski, Benn, Hintz, Heiskanen, Robertson, etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

2 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

I always thought his name sounds like another possible penal colony in Star Trek VI.   

Apparently they produce some good hockey players there. Send in the scouts!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Joe Pavelski winning a Cup makes Dallas the easy choice for me. They're pretty much my secondary team anyway, lots of players on that team that are easy to like -- Pavelski, Benn, Hintz, Heiskanen, Robertson, etc.

I like Pavelski but never have liked Dallas much.  Benn is a good player when he's not hitting guys in the head (i.e. Makar this year after he was back from a concussion:angry:).  Vegas was fun to watch their first year but after they treated Fleury so rotten, it's hard to root for them.  The goalie for Dallas is lights out so he may be the difference, Hill has filled in well for Vegas but whether he can continue is doubtful.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, goose said:

A Panthers-Hurricanes/Stars-Knights final four seems like a marketing nightmare :scared:

Media is already predicting a drop in ratings, bet it won't get as much as they would like.

On another note, Coyotes didn't get the votes for the new arena so Arizona will probably have one year left and then we will see if Bettman moves them to a better market.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Apparently they produce some good hockey players there. Send in the scouts!

You wouldn't think it watching the Finns playing in Hintz's home town right now. Another struggle today, this time against...France?  :blink:

• Haha 1

On 5/16/2023 at 1:24 PM, Rhyta said:

That was a suspenseful game.  I was beginning to wonder, when someone would score.  So, I got my wish.  Now, I don't know, who I am going to pull for :laugh:

So, we have two teams, who have not won a Cup, and two, who have.  Thursday, and Friday are the next games.  Let's hope they are in a better time slot :hockey1:

If I needed to make a choice by picking between Boston, and the field before the playoffs started, I would take the field because Boston is only one team, and in the playoffs, there are more, than one team.

In, and for this year's Stanley Cup Final, out of the four teams, if I had a preferred decision, it would be Carolina, and Dallas, and Dallas, and Carolina.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

You wouldn't think it watching the Finns playing in Hintz's home town right now. Another struggle today, this time against...France?  :blink:

That coach doesn't know what the hell he is doing, why that team isn't winning is on him.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rhyta said:

That coach doesn't know what the hell he is doing, why that team isn't winning is on him.

Yeah, all those nens can confuse you, but he won gold in the last Olympics, he's the defending champion at Worlds... 

6 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Yeah, all those nens can confuse you, but he won gold in the last Olympics, he's the defending champion at Worlds... 

Couple of Mikko's too...Doesn't look like he's going to repeat this year

Edited by Rhyta

Going to be a Staal brothers reunion tonight,  Jordan for the Hurricanes and Eric and Mark on Panthers.  Paul Maurice against his former player Brind'Amour.  Let the games begin :hockey1:

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned